#174998  by revolviver

hello and very very nice to have found this website i just recently at 53 picked up an old acoustic guitar after my husband passed away from an aggressive form of cancer last year. he had always played guitar and when he passed i just held his guitar and started trying to play the songs i remember he played. he never played any dead tho haha! anyway i just wanted to introduce myself and thank you it has my day☀️👍🏻
 #174999  by Cumtax

Sorry for your loss, I hope your guitar journey will bring you immense joy. My only suggestion would be to not get discouraged when you'll inevitably face some frustrations while learning; like any lifetime journey, there will be bad days and good days along the way but the rewards are immense.

Without going into how playing an instrument makes you appreciate music more, I was just thinking today about how the guitar has taught me many things including knowing myself, what to expect from myself, from my brain, and how learning works. Not even school taught me so well things like discipline, respect and appreciation for the "learning process" more than achieving a "goal".

I suck but playing an instrument is one of the best things that happened in my life
revolviver liked this