#174669  by Pete B.

I brought this guit to my local Guitar Tech and he really liked the frets. He said it was the same stuff he uses when he upgrades peoples frets.
Generally speaking the frets feel great to me while playing. No sharp edges. I bought the guitar used and have not spoken to the original owner yet so I don't know for sure if this guit had any other fretwork done.
Concerning the Middle Pickup Tone Pot, he said that that is the wrong taper Pot, and that is why the treble roll-off is in the last 10-15% of rotation. He said it looks like the TRS jack was replaced, and I know the 5-way switch was replaced, so there was some work done in there. It looks pretty busy in there but it looks pretty clean as far as all the wiring looks (not a rats nest at all).
The Buffer had a piece of double sided foam tape holding it the the side of the cavity. It had come off, so we cleaned the wood surface and remounted with some new tape.
I thought there was a trick to get that Tone knob to behave better, but my Tech reminded me that what he does is put a cap across the volume knob to prevent treble roll off when you turn the volume knob down.
I have been playing the guitar alot!... and like it very much!
The Tone knob that controls the neck and bridge has a very nice smooth treble roll off, and I like the 50% click. It gives a known setting that the Mu-Tron seems to like as a safe setting to flip the switch to (so it doesn't Brain me upside my head when I flip the switch!). I was surprised to find I like the neck pickup very much for the Mu.
I would like to hear from other Eastwood Wolf owners to see if they modded the middle pickup tone knob, and with what?
 #174670  by NeilG1

I've never played an Eastwood. But on my wolf-ish build, and others that I've played, and evidence from Waldo and others, I'm not sure what you describe on the tone knob is "wrong". Of course, you should have the taper you want! But I'm pretty sure that Wolf had this sort of tone pot - almost serves as an on/off for the tone. So from all the way up, the first half turn or so really does nothing. Then at the end of the travel of the pot, you lose all the tone very fast.
But like I say - you should have the dial work how you want it to!
 #174671  by Slewfoot2000

Seems totally fine to upgrade the middle tone pot to an audio taper pot that has full sweep up and down the range. So much more usable and dynamic that way...I'm not even sure why linear tone pots exist where they only go from bright to dark in the last 10% of the range.
NeilG1 liked this