#126025  by bcresci

Was watching Ratdog's first set from Tri Studios - right around 18:20 the camera pans to Bob's feet and shows him using what I think are two M9s. I suppose these guys tinker with electronics all the time, but this surprised me a bit. And given that I've had a really hard time getting what I think are good tones from my X3, maybe this gave me a glimmer of hope. I guess having a great amp behind the effects makes a difference. I've been going direct with the X3 at practice and can never really get what I think is a nice, full, rich tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwtlvtw22sI
 #126030  by bcresci

Lately I seem to use either the Vox AC-15, Fender Blackface, or Marshall JTM45. The Marshall seems to do best with my G&L Asat as it gives it more umph. Not a Jerry tone, but sounds pretty good clean. If I'm playing a humbucker then the others get a bit fuller. I'm also now tinkering with using the Bass Overdrive stomp with these. The only trouble with doing that is that takes away the option of another overdrive - can only assign one stomp box / path. I suppose I could try using a dual tone to add another stomp.
 #126031  by strumminsix

Those should get ya close if not there!

In my opinion, Bobby gets most of his tone from amps. Have you tried any of the Sansamp stuff? They do nice sim.

I think the Line 6 effects are very close to what they intend to simulate. I just like different models !