Chat about Equipment Info

#9053  by phpbb

when these say "Thanks Justin", do you suppose that is Justin Kreutzmann? Who else would have been so free to have a Video Camera so close?

#9059  by caspersvapors

yeah it is, I actually pm'ed the guy asking how he got all this footage

#9108  by hesgone95

love the letterman footage. what is that, like 84, 85? jerry could be so funny...he had so much personality, y'know? :cry:

#9110  by Billbbill

Did anyone else notice this in the backstage crazy fingers footage?

--life...sweeter for this

--Fm----------Ab+-----Ab

e--4-----------4-------4---
b--6-----------5-------4---
g--5-----------5-------5---
d--6-----------6-------6---
a--------------------------
E--------------------------

I'd never noticed the Ab+ chord. (if that's what it's called - might be Ab+5 as it's adding the #5th)

Pretty cool. Similar to the Dear Prudence progression, less the 7th chord.

On the Dear Prudence front, a question for Ed or Gregg; There is no longer a Dear Prudence link in the tab index. I have a post there that I can get at through the viewing my posts option. Would I be correct in thinking that that's the only way to bring up that thread?

The linkage is 'community.rukind.org Forum Index -> Dear Prudence' which I believe doesn't exist anymore.

Just curious since I looked it up to identify chord from crazy fingers and I was also pondering doing a vid of Dear Prudence.

#9149  by Billbbill

Gregg, if I might make a suggestion. While I certainly understand the non dead tab issue, it would seem to make sense to still have a list, fittingly incorporated in the gd tab list, of the non tab tunes with a question mark link to forum discussion for the respective tune. Thus, like it used to be w/o the tab links.

Or something new or in the tune submissions forum that would work similarly. Right now it's quite difficult if not impossible (as you noted) to reach forums about tunes that once had tabs.

Just a thought.

#9151  by phpbb

that's what I am going to do. i have built a database of every song that the dead played (well, at least I think I did). I scrubbed every show and every album. I now have to link in current topics for the songs, I have links to all the tabs, etc. I just have to do some testing to make sure I got it fairly accurate, and then I'll push it out.

I refer to it as "gdpedia".

#9165  by Billbbill

I knew you'd be on top of it.

8)

#9182  by wisedyes

Billbill, yes, I did notice the chord. Adding a #5 to a Major chord without a flatted 7 makes it augmented. So the correct technical name for Ab#5 would be Ab Augmented. Whenever it is a dominant type chord with an added #5 then you call it an Ab7#5, for instance.

#10532  by zambiland

I had always seen this chord at Ab+ and for an augmented chord: Ab+7. I guess maybe the jazz world has slightly different notation. It would be nice if there were some standardization!

Edwin