#78422  by brutusbuck45

Hey now!

I was browsing "the 'bay" this morning (as it is my favorite pasttime). I came across this BIN/BO listing for a Carvin DC-127 at $599.99. Its a nice looking guitar- the 127 is neck thru. I say 400 in the title because its essentially the same as 127 but has the active pickup package. The 400 does have top wood on the body that this does not. It appears to be an alder body with maple/walnut 5 piece neck. It does have a Wilky tremolo which maybe a negative to you. Anyway, if you are looking for a relatively inexpensive, Wolf-type guitar, this may be a good option.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carvin-DC127-Neck-T ... 439ed6e310
 #78424  by brutusbuck45

Cool! Glad to help. If I didn't already have my Carvin being built (as I type this), I would certainly be interested too. Let us know if you get it and how it is!
 #78438  by Laytonco

Understood. But when a fellow Kinder posts they want it and when I wouldn't have known about it wihtout them posting, well, I'd hate to snag it. If I dont hear back from him soon, maybe I'll buy it and if it pisses him off, I'll sell it to him for the same cost. Would that work?

Gil
 #78440  by jdsmodulus

Im looking at this too! Its not going to last! Im a little short at the bank but Im working on it. I agree though if it makes someone angry or its a problem I would concede!
 #78445  by brutusbuck45

I was merely passing along the 411. What's done with that info after that I think is fair game. If someone says they are on it, and its a BIN, and half a day goes by... I would say go for it. I think your integrity is admirable (like Brian Davis at the Verizon Heritage last weekend :-) [pardon the golf reference]). But its more likely that a non-RuKinder end up with it if you wait. So, like you said, you can always resell it if you are so inclined. That's my .02 anyway.
 #78448  by Laytonco

Agree with it all. But someone's got it. I hope they're on this site so we get a good review. It was no biggie for me. I've got a great late 70s Bobby guitar that's actually an Alembic Tribute that looks Jerry. I get a really good cowboy tone out of it and it has no series parallel in phase out of phase upside down cake...nothing. Disclaimer - I know nothing of electronics. But I really want to try a guitar with all the Cowboy features. So, I'm always at least casually looking.

Enjoy!

Gil
 #78464  by alcorelectric

Just to clarify BB said he wasnt interested in this auction.
I stated my intent so I would not be battleing others
If Brutus wanted I would sell it at my purchase price
It is only proper
T
 #78470  by brutusbuck45

Hey... its totally cool. I have a Carvin presently being built at the factory. I was ONLY passing on the information that I found while browsing eBay. I was TOTALLY not interested in purchasing it for myself. But, I was just hoping that if any RUKINDER was interested, then he (or she) was able to BIN. You see, thats why this community is so cool, you all care about each other. : ) Seriously, though, it's all good. Well, no one got this Carvin, but there are others and they tend to go for 50-60% of the factory build price is. If I see any Wolf-ish Carvins I will certainly pass on the info. Good luck and post those pics! Did you find another MC? There are a couple blondies out there right now!