#70813  by mttourpro

Just an FYI, saw P/O last night in Pittsburgh. They had Ike Willis and Ray White with them. Perhaps my 20th show or so, and definitely the very best I've seen. Lots of great tunes from You Are What You Is, Tinseltown Rebellion, Joe's Gagage and One size Fits All. It's a must see for any serious FZ fans. Based on my talking with their new drummer and some stuff I've read, they're doing almost the same show every night....if you want to see the setlist, go to P/O's website's forum as I posted it there.
 #70815  by Tennessee Jedi

mttourpro wrote:Just an FYI, saw P/O last night in Pittsburgh. They had Ike Willis and Ray White with them. Perhaps my 20th show or so, and definitely the very best I've seen. Lots of great tunes from You Are What You Is, Tinseltown Rebellion, Joe's Gagage and One size Fits All. It's a must see for any serious FZ fans. Based on my talking with their new drummer and some stuff I've read, they're doing almost the same show every night....if you want to see the setlist, go to P/O's website's forum as I posted it there.
What do you know about the rest of the guys 'Pro ?
They steady the whole tour ?
Bass guy was from my area. Not sure if he was just filling in ....
They had a 'shredder' guy to do some Vai for a tune too ... he was just sitting in ...
What about Andre ?
He was cool !
Great show !
:D
 #70820  by FretfulDave

Sounds like a great show. Looks like a nice venue. I'll get there one of these days. Reminds me of the Keswick. you can get drinks, go back to your seat and relax with the show. :smile: :cool:

Dave

P.S. I found Jedi :lol:
 #70821  by Tennessee Jedi

Tourpro -
The guys in the band said this was Ike and Rays fist gig together in 20+ years !
I'm def hooked now ....
Yeah man all those Zappa CD's you sent me are coming in handy now !
Who's got the Zappa tab ?????????
 #70823  by Tennessee Jedi

FretfulDave wrote:Sounds like a great show. Looks like a nice venue. I'll get there one of these days. Reminds me of the Keswick. you can get drinks, go back to your seat and relax with the show. :smile: :cool:

Dave

P.S. I found Jedi :lol:
I look goofy in that pic
hair is crazy looking !
 #70825  by mttourpro

They've been together in this form for about 3 years. The keyboardist Eric Svelgard is a teacher at the Paul Green school of Rock in your area (Philly maybe?). I think the bassist, Dave Johnson might have come from there as did the drummer Eric Slick (who wasn't there this time as he's now with Adrian Belew). I don't really know for sure---they might all teach there now for all I know. The band has had a ton of incarnations over the years but this line-up is pretty stable. Check out their site...it's brandie-new now and has bios ect on there. Andre posts a lot as does Eric (does a tour diary)....

The shreader you saw was probably "Seahag" who I've seen a few times with them (Robbie somebody). They're all in different projects of their own too. Andre's a sicko---he was recently Al Dimiola's guitar tech and toured with Adrain as well as his tour manager I think. All those guys can freakin play---Ike and Andre's solos last night were unbelievable.

Ike and Ray last toured with FZ in 84 which I saw....they also did a show togther this past summer in Acme Pa but it was a one-off gig-----musta had such a good time they decided to tour.