Chat about Equipment Info
 #66060  by jdsmodulus

That's great I love to see the "gear" in any other context, like for instance I saw Elvis Costello on Palladium, now granted Elvis is family, but not really part of the dead gear thing and he was playing a custon Modulus Tele on "Alison". I'm always on the lookout! Good spot MK!
 #66061  by tigerstrat

Like the dazzling array of Mu-Tron stuff in Joe Zawinul's rig on the Montreaux '76 DVD.

Another thread that might make a fun long-term sticky. Anyone else agree?
 #66065  by b weird

Hows Elvis part of the family? Because he saw the Dead in England in 72?
 #66067  by tigerstrat

b weird wrote:Hows Elvis part of the family? Because he saw the Dead in England in 72?
Kinda a stretch but Elvis' drummer Ron Tutt was a key part of the JGB sound, 75-77.
 #66074  by NashvilleMike

tigerstrat wrote:Another thread that might make a fun long-term sticky. Anyone else agree?
Yes, that would be fun. Speaking of which...I have learned so much about gear from this site that I want to get a new camera to take to shows more to shoot gear than stars. I am holding tickets right now for Dylan, Allmans, Brian Setzer and Roger Daultrey.

Can anyone recommend a digital camera with a decent zoom that is cheap enough that if it gets confiscated it won't break my heart?
 #66077  by jdsmodulus

b weird wrote:Hows Elvis part of the family? Because he saw the Dead in England in 72?
Elvis has been apart of the dead scene for years. :shock:
 #66099  by tigerstrat

playingdead wrote:
LOL ... Elvis COSTELLO ... not Presley.

Oops! The Costello reference was right in front of me but I still thought "Presley" ... what I said still applies though. I don't know if a single meeting/jam and then an appearance on a tribute album makes someone "family", but... ah heck, looks like my proposed sticky is already offtopic. C'est la Flying V.
 #66105  by strumminsix

I think this'd make a cool sticky! Let's get back on topic!

As I understand it, GD gear used by Non-GD bands, yes???
 #66118  by NashvilleMike

strumminsix wrote:I think this'd make a cool sticky! Let's get back on topic!

As I understand it, GD gear used by Non-GD bands, yes???

Maybe make it a bit broader and call it "Live Gear Sightings" and people can post reports and/or photos of gear sighted at concerts they go to.

As an example -

I saw Joe Jonas last night at this club called "The Man Hole" and he was playing this white 2008 Gibson flying V. The only mods I could see was that the guitar was not plugged in to anything.
 #66133  by tigerstrat

NashvilleMike wrote:I saw Joe Jonas last night at this club called "The Man Hole"
"The Man Hole"?? Is um, that the kind of club it sounds like from the name?
 #66135  by deadguise

"The Man Hole"?? Is um, that the kind of club it sounds like from the name?
Yes, and an appropriate place for Jonas to play at
 #66156  by tigerstrat

Not that there's anything wrong with that! But I swear I have heard of a gay bar called Man Hole- I think it was in Chicago.