feeling good was easy lord when bobby sang the blues
A
but feeling good was good enough for me
D
good enough for me and my bobby mcgee

I jst strum the song and add simple ornaments:

D feel free to the the G (3rd fret) on the E string

A feel free to add the D or B (3rd and open) on the B string

durning the A on the "good enough for me" parts i usually play around with the added D and A7 on occation

#5434  by spilly

on a further note, I've played this song with alot of people over the years, usually it just winds up getting stummed on by 2 guitars and duel vocals, however, I played it in a lot at Dylan and the Dead a few years ago with a man of about 55 years. He put beautiful leads on it with a slide bar, he was tuned to open D and it sounded unbelievably great.

I'm not sure exacty what he did, only that it was slide in D. This probably doesn't help at all therefore, but I thought I'd mention it as I hadn't thought about it in years

#5439  by amyjared

Guitar World Acoustic tabbed out the Janis version and it's got all those pretty fills. I'll see if I still have the issue. If not, check it out as it was quite nice.

#5440  by tigerstrat

The only thing I have to add is that the Dead played it w/o the modulation that Janis & Co had in their arrangement.

Re:

#146132  by oceanbear11

caspersvapors wrote:anyone got the chords?
There's a pretty good tab for it on this site, too, but it's just about the same as spilly's so I guess it's not all that important. This has been another pretty much useless post from Oceanbear.
 #146156  by SlowTexasZim

Don't denigrate yourself, Oceanbear. It is all good.

In other news, this song is fun to play around a campfire with a gaggle of happy Ladies singing along.