#1030  by the11asaguest

hey i'm wanting to go record this rhythm part and solo a few times I wonder if anyone had any hints as to what notes to throw in there to make it sound great.

how can I get those A's to shine as much as jerry does on 5.8.77 for example??

such a great song and contains such a great solo!!
 #53121  by GratefulPat

well perfect for you, i just made a video with 5-8-77 in the backing track, the first pass of 3 is really basic for deal, one of the happier solos check it out, hope it helps
 #53134  by bucketorain

great job there Pat...what is your rig set up? i like your sound....i'm asking cause i play a strat as well.
 #53136  by GratefulPat

surprisingly enough, in that vid im playing a fender blues jr -> fender amer. deluxe strat on the 5th position with the S1 switch down. normally theres a little more to it, but i just plugged straight in and played that one
 #53137  by GratefulPat

with that very plain setup, same thing, 5th position on the 5 way but the S1 not engaged, it just nails that 72 jerry tone, nails it. Today happens to be my 4 year anniversary to playing guitar so im gunna try and knock a couple out after work... my next video ill play with it set it how i mentioned above, check back tonight. thanks for the kind words on the videos everyone. :cool:
 #53141  by prephippie

GratefulPat wrote:with that very plain setup, same thing, 5th position on the 5 way but the S1 not engaged, it just nails that 72 jerry tone, nails it. Today happens to be my 4 year anniversary to playing guitar so im gunna try and knock a couple out after work... my next video ill play with it set it how i mentioned above, check back tonight. thanks for the kind words on the videos everyone. :cool:
Nice job on the video. If you don't mind, could you post your Blues Jr. settings? I ask because I've got that exact setup (Deluxe Strat -> Blues Jr.) and I want to be able to get that early 70's Jerry tone as well.

My "Jerry" settings are: Rev-4, Master-4, Mid-8, Bass-4, Treb-10, Vol-5, Fat switch-off. I've only been playing electric for a few months, so I'm still trying to figure it out. :?
 #53146  by bucketorain

yes what are your amp settings. I have the same amp as well. I know you said you played straight in, but do you have any effects at all?
 #53147  by GratefulPat

no,i have no effects running in these videos.. amp settings are as follows....volume 2, master 12, reverb 4, bass 2.5, treb 9.5, mid 9.5, fat switch engaged. i think thats all thats on the amp without looking at it... guitar volume is normally around 8, tone 10 for both knobs... wihtout the S1 engaged its a lot less compressed sounding, spot on to 72 recordings, with the switch down its more 77ish, which through the camera you cant tell, the tone is waaaay sweeter in person, but thats what the settings are.. any other questions ill be happy to answer peace