#50125  by milobender

We need a Merl! :cool:

There doesn't seem to be alot of you here in SE Wyoming... :shock:

My wife and I are building a large Earthship (see http://www.dawneaglewoman.com on the Earthship page) and would be happy to trade bedroom/eating for help with the house during the day... If someone would be interested in relocating...

Here's a link to our first recorded practice... it's just the 5th time we've played together, and practice is only once a week right now... just 3 pieces so far, but you get the gist of our direction. R&B, JGB oriented, and more jammin' after the basics are down.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
http://www.9mileskid.com/082608practice.html

#50126  by tigerstrat

I would have included your location in the subject line. hth

#50128  by Tennessee Jedi

Milo
A quick search of the DEAD BAND LOCATOR reveals no other Dead bands ( with web sites anyway)in Wyoming!
Dude
The WHOLE state is yours !
Good luck !
Room and board for keyboard/construction person ?
Good deal !
:cool:

#50129  by Tennessee Jedi

My wife and I are building a large Earthship (see www.dawneaglewoman.com on the Earthship page)
wow !
That is really cool !
How close are you to being done building ?

#50131  by milobender

A quick search of the DEAD BAND LOCATOR reveals no other Dead bands ( with web sites anyway)in Wyoming!
Dude
The WHOLE state is yours !
Kings of Wyoming! :-) :D :-) I never had a whole state before :lol:
How close are you to being done building ?
That's a good question! We've got 6000 sq feet closed in, and living in it... the floors and walls aren't finished yet (as well as some remodeling/repairs to the original 1000 sq foot building)... and two more rooms and a hallway not closed in yet for another 2000 sq feet... it depends on money, but there's a couple more years of work left... I hope, could be more time I guess... we're on our 6th year now :cool:

#50132  by Tennessee Jedi

6000 sq ft !
You must do well as a "Self Employed Ecclecticist" !
I always wanted to live underground ( sometimes in a tree).
Its partway underground ?

#50133  by milobender

6000 sq ft !
You must do well as a "Self Employed Ecclecticist" !
I always wanted to live underground ( sometimes in a tree).
Its partway underground ?
Yeah, it's one of those "undiscovered" fields :D , people are just throwing money at me! :D

Actually it's just a really cheap way to build, and costs nothing to heat :cool: Our cost so far is about $20 maybe $25 per square foot. It isn't really "underground" but the north and west sides are burmed all the way up to the roof, and the west half of the house sits down in the ground about 3 feet. It's designed so that it can never freeze, no matter how cold it gets outside :cool: barring nuclear winter that is, if the whole planet freezes... :D
 #56433  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

I wish I played keys, you guys sound like a fun band to be in. Consider that "54-46 That's My Number" may be my all time favorite tune and "That's What Love will Make You Do" is right up there as well. Listened to the practice session, sounded really good. I get that you guys are going for the traditional bluesy style for That's What Love... but if I can make one critique about it, you have to hit that major third once in a while on the I chord. It is key and makes the minor third more of a difference maker when you work the IV chord.

Love the guitar tone by the way, the clean on Sugaree is classic '72 Jerry sounding.
 #56438  by milobender

Thanks for the kind words Crazy :smile:

I'll listen and think about the third... we were doing TWLWMYD in the sort of JGB vein, and just tried it a week ago, rearranged and a bit more bluesy/driving... so I'm still fishing for what feels right this way... :D

As you can probably tell, the '69 - '73 Jerry tones are my favorites :cool: St. Stephen is still really (no really!) ragged, but the tone is pretty close for me! That's a blast!

Brian
 #70633  by henryclarke

I bought one nice keyboard Player from the Amazon online. They had delivered me Keyboard at the low delivery cost and at an affordable price. I think you should visist the Amazon site for the keyboard Player.
 #70715  by milobender

:D :smile: :lol: :smile: :D
Jeezzz, I checked out Amazon, but the shipping is just too much! You must have deeper pockets than we do... 8)

WE STILL NEED A MERL!

We did have a 23 year old kid playing with us for a few months... but he really wasn't interested in this sort of material and quit... back to the search!

Brian
http://www.9mileskid.com