#34465  by BlobWeird

I know someone can help me here. I used to have a version where I think maybe Jerry broke a string and instead of waiting for him Bobby just decides to start playing by himself. It was a great version and very clear sbd. Anyone know it? Around 72 or so.

#34485  by krzykat

i just listened to this the other day. I think it might be 9/27/76 for some reason, but then again that doesn't sound right. thanx, now i need some help finding out what show this is too!

#34503  by BlobWeird

Bump! Tigerstrat? You seem to know tons of versions. No ideas?

#34507  by strumminsix

What about January of 78 when Jer had laryngitis???

#34521  by b weird

I don't want to sound like a dick, but come on you guys just look at the post title "Solo Bobby ACOUSTIC Version". Remember the boys stopped playing acousticly in mid 70 and didn't play acousticly publicly again untill 1978. The show is 2/23/70. Jerry busted his string in the end of "Little Sadie" and Bobby goes on to play an interesting solo "Me & My Uncle". Sorry to come across as a dick.

#34523  by BlobWeird

b weird wrote:I don't want to sound like a dick, but come on you guys just look at the post title "Solo Bobby ACOUSTIC Version". Remember the boys stopped playing acousticly in mid 70 and didn't play acousticly publicly again untill 1978. The show is 2/23/70. Jerry busted his string in the end of "Little Sadie" and Bobby goes on to play an interesting solo "Me & My Uncle". Sorry to come across as a dick.
Awesome thanks a bunch!!! I coulda swore it was in the 72-73 era but alas I was mistaken. Again thanks!

#34536  by acidrain30005

"Remember the boys stopped playing acousticly in mid 70 and didn't play acousticly publicly again untill 1978."

They played acoustic shows in '78? I thought they didn't do acoustic shows till the fifteenth anniversary shows in '80.

#34538  by shakedown_04092

b weird wrote:I don't want to sound like a dick, but come on you guys just look at the post title "Solo Bobby ACOUSTIC Version". Remember the boys stopped playing acousticly in mid 70 and didn't play acousticly publicly again untill 1978. The show is 2/23/70. Jerry busted his string in the end of "Little Sadie" and Bobby goes on to play an interesting solo "Me & My Uncle". Sorry to come across as a dick.
I was kinda bummed when I listened to this version of MAMU - when I first read your post I thought it read "Bobby goes on to play an interesting solo IN MAMU".....so as I'm listening to it I am anticipating a solo in there somewhere but alas I was mistaken (though I refrained from firing off my pistol and, for the record, no prisoner was taken :lol:)....oh well. Still a cool nugget of history to hear.

#34541  by old man down

I listened to it too. Why the interest?

#34563  by krzykat

I just wanted to remember what the date of the show was becuz i heard it earlier that day

#34568  by BlobWeird

old man down wrote:I listened to it too. Why the interest?
For one, As shakedown said its a cool little nugget to have from GD history. But I like the intimate feel of just Bobby up there. He gives more toward the vocals with no one else there I guess to make up for the lack of instruments.

#34584  by BuddhaG

well another example of bobby playing this by himself doesn't exist in recording history before or after so its pretty unique. i guess more interesting for true fanatics or completists or if you really like bob.

there was an interesting version of MAMU when bob played acoustic guitbox with the Dead in the 90's I think.

he does that with ratdog these days but its still a unique moment in GD history. theres something about finding stuff that only happened once that deadheads enjoy :smile:

#34585  by BuddhaG

well another example of bobby playing this by himself doesn't exist in recording history before or after so its pretty unique. i guess more interesting for true fanatics or completists or if you really like bob.

there was an interesting version of MAMU when bob played acoustic guitbox with the Dead in the 90's I think.

he does that with ratdog these days but its still a unique moment in GD history. theres something about finding stuff that only happened once that deadheads enjoy :smile: