#33279  by jjbankhead

i like beers of all kind but like my own the bestest.

my favorite microbrews:
Anderson valley hop ottin' as was mentioned
Racer 5 by bear republic
Hoptown's extra pale
Kilt Lifter by i believe Moylan's
Lagunitas's maximmum IPA
Stone IPA
Kelly Brother's (hometown brewery) IPA - even though its a brit style its still good.

my default beer is definitely sierra nevada pale, bigfoot, and their IPA and Harvest i crave when out of season

I cannot forget what was once called Humboldt brewery and is now known as Nectar their HEmp ale and IPA are awesome.

another great brewery is out of Oregon called Hair of the Dog. i dont know if they are still in business but i used to drink their ADAMBIER which is an old world german style -pre-lagering- that will knock your socks off.

I am pretty spoiled as there are breweries all over the place (including the one behing my house) here in northern california so good quality beer is never hard to come by

i like anything crafted with west coast cascade and centennial; as well as the Magnum hops the green flavor and bitterness of the cascade is by far the best. I am not biased simply b/c i live here but i have developed a taste for the hops from this region, the brittish and bavarian style have plenty of bitterness but lack that green flavor i get from the cascades and centennials.

i have brewed a few times and my wife's brother is the president of a brew club so i get to try new stuff all the time.

does any one else here brew?

#33319  by HOWEYMAN

I have been drinking blue moons all summer and still lately. Never thought one of my favorite beers would be a twist off. The stuff is deliciuos. You all have great tastes. Bells Oberon and Bass are my mainstays.
I tryed some Heineken Dark for the first time, and that was great.

#33325  by jazzyjeff

Founders Breakfast Stout
Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout
Founders IPA
Founders Rubeus
Founders Blushing Monk
Founders Devil Dancer (IIIPA)
Founders Harvest Ale (Brewed with fresh(not dried) hops
Everything by Bells (except for Oberon maybe)

Im spoiled where I live as we have an abundance of good breweries in the area. Oh and I work @ Founders.

#33331  by big_river_bum

here's my favorite beer name. and its from wisconsin.

Tyranena Brewery's- Hop Whore.

it says "brewers gone wild" on the label :lol:

wisco has a lot of great breweries. leinie's, capital(rated america's #1 brewery), tyranena, new glarus, stevens point brewery, gray's, , miller, rock bottom, sprecher's, city brewery,

#33332  by Mr.Charlie

Vermont definitely has some of the countries best microbrews...from Long Trail, to Otter Creek, Magic Hat, Shed, Rock Art, man, there's so many, but there's this one place in Burlinton, VT, at this place called American Flatbread, they make the best "pizza" or flatbread, whichever you so choose to call it, all natural, organic ingredients grown on farms just down the road, and they brew their own beer, which is just amazing, and they do is seasonally. It's astounding. Best restaurant/bar ever. Just too bad I couldn't bring that place with me when I moved to NY.

#33347  by AugustWest

Most of my favorites are dark ales. However I enjoy the whole spectrum from double ipa's all the way to the imperial stouts. Excpet for "american pilsners"

1.Ommegang of new york "origanal"
2. Long trail ale
3. smithwicks (good call alcoreelctric.)
4. brookland brown
5.Vermont brewing company, Red burley ale.

Most often I just get the sam adams variety pack or newcastle. It's always in stock at the local store.

#33458  by LazyLightnin

My wife loves the Christams Ale from Great Lakes Brewery here in Cleveland. So does everyone else. It's sold out everywhere.
The Christmas Ale is indeed the best beer ive ever drank 8)

#33462  by bodiddley

My favorite name for a beer is "Old Leg Humper", I think there is one called "Old Dirty Bastard" or something to that effect.

#33466  by LazyLightnin

i think you might be thinking of
"Arrogant Bastard Ale". i got it for christmas one year :roll: Havin a Browns party today, you should stop by BoDiddley :D

#33467  by shakedown_04092

Mr.Charlie wrote:Vermont definitely has some of the countries best microbrews...from Long Trail, to Otter Creek, Magic Hat, Shed, Rock Art, man, there's so many, but there's this one place in Burlinton, VT, at this place called American Flatbread, they make the best "pizza" or flatbread, whichever you so choose to call it, all natural, organic ingredients grown on farms just down the road, and they brew their own beer, which is just amazing, and they do is seasonally. It's astounding. Best restaurant/bar ever. Just too bad I couldn't bring that place with me when I moved to NY.
There's a Flatbread here in Portland, too - I thought that's where it started, but I could be wrong....it's happened before.

#33478  by bodiddley

Thanks LL maybe sometime eh? You are right, it was Arrogant Bastard Ale. We bought it for a friend once on his B-Day and so did someone else. He was all put out like "what are you guys trying to tell me?"

#33479  by steve

If you like the Arrogant Bastard you should try the Double Bastard. Currently in season and delicious!

#33481  by tigerstrat

bodiddley wrote:Thanks LL maybe sometime eh? You are right, it was Arrogant Bastard Ale. We bought it for a friend once on his B-Day and so did someone else. He was all put out like "what are you guys trying to tell me?"
ABA is a limited release Stone brew that is only sold in magnum bottles. Great stuff. I think I might go crack me a Green Flash IPA right now... what's up with all these incredible ales out of... San Diego??? It just never struck me as a great brew capital is all. :cheers:

#33488  by steve

TS, have you had the Oaked Bastard before? It is quite seasonal and a bit on the pricey side of things, but well worth getting if you come by it.

Has anyone had the Scaldis Prestige before? I've had the regular Scaldis and Scaldis Noel, both of which are excellent, but I got this the other day. I saw it on the menu and couldn't pass it up, even with the $55 price tag. From my experience with their other beers I think it will be quite good. Especially since it's oak-aged!

#33521  by jjbankhead

bodiddley wrote:My favorite name for a beer is "Old Leg Humper", I think there is one called "Old Dirty Bastard" or something to that effect.
that would be ARROGANT BASTARD from stone brewing who i believe are in Sandiego