#31596  by strumminsix

shakedown_04092 wrote:
strumminsix wrote:The Honeymoon phase - Me and my Emma DisCumBobulator

Wow this is the pedal I've needed for some time. It's got a very large range with phenomenal tonal possibilities. It's almost mind bogggling. The 3 little knobs interact so intuitively it's a breeze and you almost want to overthink it. But the reality is that it's just that good.

I only have 1 fear with this pedal - I'd wanna diddle with the knobs all day and explore all the different sounds instead of just setting it and jamming away!

This pedal keeps your volume the same and keeps your tone the same but introduces a beautiful filtered effect that seems to just compliment beautifully what you are playing!

And it stacks nicely.

I use pedals sparingly so all my settings are more subtle than many. Here is my line-up (controlled by GCX):

EQ > Emma Disc > Barber LTD SR > PH-350

(the EQ is used for bringing up my volume when tapping my dual coils to singles and get some low-mids back, also gave it a bit more high end so it can also be an effective solo boost)

Everything sounded great with any combination. The Emma loved the EQ boost. drove the OD pedal nicely since the volume is not all drastic and peaky, played nicely with the phaser just adding to depth and richness.

Wow people. This is it!

Finally. After 10 years I have my pedal-board. I've gone from cheap pedals, to boss pedals, to solid state amps, to modellors to tube amps to single botique pedals and finally this pedal completed what I needed.

(of course you know a delay is coming one day... but no rush)
I would agree very much. After much deliberation, I decided to plunk down the $$ for an Emma after being frustrated too many times by my HAZ Mu-tron III. And I am here to say - it blows it out of the water. I am VERY happy with the purchase of the DiscomBOBulator, I just wish I had done it sooner. I was also pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive it was for such a great pedal - got it for $187.50 from musictoys. Thanks to all who encouraged the purchase, and for all those looking, I highly :D recommend it. :cool:
Glad you are digging it! I've been loving it since I first put it in my chain and the love hasn't lessened.

Suprisingly it seems very inexpensive now.

#31602  by GratefulPat

i use the mini qtron and it does the job more than fine. with the right settings that thing will do the job great. paid 60$
 #31611  by last_fair_deal

i have had the EH Q-Tron now for around 3 years. At first i struggled finding the settings that would model or pose jerry's sound with his Mutron (the EH manuals arent that great, they could be better). After a while i got some really nice couple of settings that i have found to love. i got a nice "quack-y" sound, a deep/heavy "wahwah" and smoother "wahwah" sounds, and a kick ass tightened rhythm sound. I dont use it for rhythm parts as much as lead parts, probably cuz i use it for when our band busts out some dead covers. The only thing i dont like about it is that i have yet to find a good mesh with distortion/overdrive. Whenever i try, the distortion/overdrive completely ruin the envelope filter sound and (to me) make it useless and sounds shitty. Does anyone know a good setting in which the Q-Tron rocks with some distortion?? Finally i would say to all you out there in rukind land, is to get a Q-Tron; its is kind of big, but well worth the $160 or so it costs. Well, back to writing my term paper on the civil war in Sri Lanka...never knew before this semester that theres been a civil war there for the bast 20 years. Kind of sad how killings and human rights violations go unheard in the U.S. and that we focus more on who won the BIG GAME and CELEBRITY BULLSHIT!!...sorry for the ramblings...peace out.
 #31615  by strumminsix

last_fair_deal wrote:The only thing i dont like about it is that i have yet to find a good mesh with distortion/overdrive. Whenever i try, the distortion/overdrive completely ruin the envelope filter sound and (to me) make it useless and sounds shitty. Does anyone know a good setting in which the Q-Tron rocks with some distortion?? Finally i would say to all you out there in rukind land, is to get a Q-Tron; its is kind of big, but well worth the $160 or so it costs.
What order? Filter then OD is my recommendation.

The Emma can preceed an OD pedal nicely.

In fact, I can stack all my pedals:
DisCumBob>Barber LTD SR(OD)>Ph350>Deeelay

The end sound is very tripply swirly overdriven drippy goodness.

I would never EVER own a pedal that cannot be stacked.
 #31646  by last_fair_deal

i run my pedals as follows: Vox Wah>Q-Tron>EH #1 Delay> Boss Blues Driver or DS-1 (i switch between the two). and that it. I also have the overdrive channel on my amp which is a 90' fender prosonic. but that isnt in the effects loop since i dont run my effects through the effects loop on the amp. anyways ill be on my quest to find a good setting between the q-tron and my distortion.
 #31647  by shakedown_04092

last_fair_deal wrote:i run my pedals as follows: Vox Wah>Q-Tron>EH #1 Delay> Boss Blues Driver or DS-1 (i switch between the two). and that it. I also have the overdrive channel on my amp which is a 90' fender prosonic. but that isnt in the effects loop since i dont run my effects through the effects loop on the amp. anyways ill be on my quest to find a good setting between the q-tron and my distortion.
If you've got the Vox Wah V847 (not the newer V847A), you may want to consider sending it to Gary @ Garmopat (http://www.garmopatmods.com/wahs.html#W ... %20Options) to have it modded. He has a bunch of different things he can do to tweak it. I just got mine back about a week & a half ago and fucking LOVE IT. Best sounding wah I've ever had and ranks among the best I've heard. Seriously good stuff. I had him install an LED, 9v jack, the Bass sweep, the dual inductor toggle switch, and the adjustable trimmers and got it all for $125, which was a deal at the time. Tell him Benny from Maine sent you, maybe he'll give you the same deal. But this thing kicks some major ass now and has turned into one of my favorite pedals to use, whereas before I wasn't using my wah all that much.

PS - he also does a mod for Crybaby wah's if anyone out there has one of those.
 #31665  by strumminsix

last_fair_deal wrote:i run my pedals as follows: Vox Wah>Q-Tron>EH #1 Delay> Boss Blues Driver or DS-1 (i switch between the two)
I'd put the Delay at the end of the chain.

How are the pedals wired? True Bypass? You could have some significant tone suckage which could be part of the problem. However, my experience with EH pedals is that they only stack nicely with other EH pedals.

#39679  by Chuckles

spacehead333 wrote:How Do you guys set your boss AW-3? If you have one
I personally just set it to:

tossed from the chain. Had it for five years and never got the sound I was looking for; it's just too sensitive I think. Perhaps with a compressor it would work better, but I don't like 'em.

I just gigged (and played, for that matter) with my new Emma that came this afternoon. Love at first pluck!

#40668  by CommonStranger

I've found the Mini-Qtron to be the closest to the original Mutron III.

Wah, wah, wah-wah, wah-wah, wah-wah, wah-wah-wah-wah! I'm in no hurry no, don't worry bout' me....HA!!!!!!

#46915  by pappypgh

I have the Q-Tron. The big one. It sounds GREAT. You have to play with it to find the right tones, but MAN is it ever sweet. I can match any sound (and did so A / B) with a Mu-Tron III any day. Just gotta know how to do it.

As far as the daisy chain order...I actually put my distortion ahead of the Q-Tron, but when I do that I have to back the gain on the Q-Tron down just a tad. THEN I throw in my EH Octave Multiplexer and WHOOOEEY!! What a BADASS sound THAT is - REALLY sounds killer when I use it for the solo in "Cats Under The Stars." One of my favorite tones....kick on the phase switch on my axe and let 'er rip. :cool: :cool: :cool:

#46921  by Jon S.

I bought my Boss T-Wah new in the mid '80s and it's still on my board. Yeah, I know, it's limited but I've used it for over 2 decades now and it works fine for me.

#63756  by jackr

Since there have been a lot of discussions lately on envelope filters and I am not really happy with my vintage MXR. I figured I would post this youtube video.

Just wish it wasnt so expensive. I cant really afford it now.