#29745  by Kirshnikhov

Yeah definately the GD movie Eyes, amazing. Although that brings me to a question. The version found on the GD soundtrack is 13:02, however on the 2005 release So Many Roads 5 CD box set there is a version of what i am convinced is the same eyes but 18:32. The jams are exactly the same with the addition of one where the GD soundtrack goes into the outro. If someone could fill me in on this id appreciate it, ive been scratching my head over it for a while now.
thanks

#29746  by BlobWeird

Just checked and yeah they are the same version. 10-19-74 Get that whole Winterland Dead Movie run if you could. The whole run is great.

#29750  by Kirshnikhov

ok
ive been trying to no avail to get the ending jam when it goes to the outro around 9:10ish on the GD movie version.
help?

#29751  by BlobWeird

Kirshnikhov wrote:ok
ive been trying to no avail to get the ending jam when it goes to the outro around 9:10ish on the GD movie version.
help?
Well the Eyes goes into China Doll. So maybe the one that is shorter considered the rest part of the intro to China Doll or the transitionary jam. But im not sure what exactly your looking for? You say you have both versions so what exactly is the problem here?

#29759  by bodiddley

No, what it is, is the version on the soundtrack has a verse cut out...I forget which one because I've been pounding Jack and cokes all night, but I know that's the reason and it pisses me off because there is know reasonable explanation for it. The one on "So Many Roads" has "China Doll" cut off. The one on the GD soundtrack has a verse cut out. The one in the movie cuts to backstage bs footage. WTF do we have to do to get an unedited sequence of these songs audio or video? What's the deal?

#29834  by Kirshnikhov

Amen, unedited versions would be welcome.
Let me rephrase, Ive been trying to get (play) the chord progressions and riff for the outro.
I think that in the eyes of the world progressions for solo its just Emaj7 Bm
please correct me if I'm wrong.

#29915  by tigerstrat

[edit] Cool Bo... hope you find your copy- its the Eyes of Eyes. (although 8/6/74 is a strong contender)
Last edited by tigerstrat on Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#29938  by bodiddley

Thanks anyway...I already have an uncut copy of it. I guess I forget about that because it's buried in one of many crates of shows. It would be nice as an official release though, so we can have it in the best available sound possible.

I Appreciate the offer!

#29957  by BlobWeird

There isnt any cuts in the soundtrack version. Hell I listened to the whole thing this morning. Plays straight through all the verses. So what are you talkin about? I know the Movie cuts to backstage as you said but the soundtrack is the soundtrack. Plus I have an SBD copy of the shows as well and have listened to the Eyes on that and same thing plays straight through.

#29994  by Kirshnikhov

Really? You have all the verses? The version i have misses the "There comes a redeemer and he slowly too fades away" verse.
Anybody got the mentioned progressions for me?

#30026  by bodiddley

The copy of the soundtrack I have is also missing the whole "Comes a Redeemer" verse as well. Maybe it was an error in the early burns of the disc that they later corrected?

#30131  by BlobWeird

Sorry guys I was totally wrong. I was thinkin of the SBD copy of 10-19-74 which as i said its the same eyes. I can tell you why they cut it though. That jam in between was kinda eh not soo good lets just say. Dead movie was a huge deal to Jerry so I imagine he just didnt want any flaws on the overall finish. Still kinda lame that its edited like that.

#30365  by Kirshnikhov

Yeah i totally agree. Compared to the rest of the song that part truly fades in comparison.
Still
Progressions/Riffs for in between verses and outro?