#27363  by krzykat

Does this sound like someone you know?

1. You spend more money on blank discs/dvds than you do on rent.

2. None of your tapes have names on them, just dates.

3. You prefix every noun with "Kind", or "Ice Cold".

4. On forms you list your occupation as "?".

5. GDTRFB, BIODTL, FOTD, SOTM, LTGTR, NFA, and WALSTIB all mean something to you.

6. At any given moment you can calculate how many days, hours, minutes and seconds it's been since ALLIGATOR has been played.

7. Someone asks you what you do for fun, and you just smile real wide.

8. The first entry on you MCI Freinds and Family List is 415-457-6388.

9. You got 8.

10. Your car windows look like stained glass from being covered with colored stickers.

11. You think $1 for a grilled cheese sandwich is pretty damn cheap.

12. You've figured out how the correlation between the date and the of beats to start BIODTL.

13. Your boss notices members of your family only become deathly ill when there happens to be a Dead show within a 100 mile radius.

14. You know how "the song" goes...

15. The bus came by, and you got on.

16. You have more tie-dyes than neck-ties.

17. You find it amazing that some people fill ballons with AIR.

18. You try to convince you grandmother than Aoxomoxoa is an acceptable play for a Scrabble triple-word play.

19. Your license plate spells "HEY NOW".

20. You can't leave the house without wondering where the tickets are.

21. Left unoccupied your hand instinctively taps the beat to Not Fade Away.

22. You swear the guy walking by you at the football game just said "doses".

23. You consider veggie burritos and garlic grilled cheese gourmet.

24. You know the words to Truckin' better than Bob.

25. You can remember an Other One that wasn't followed by Wharf Rat, or a Throwing Stones that wasn't followed by Not Fade Away.

26. You try to claim gas to and from Dead shows as an income tax deduction.

27. You know the zip code for San Rafael, CA by heart.

28. You have the postal rates memorized.

29. Your copy of DeadBase has long since broken out of it's binding and the ink is beginning to wear off the pages.

30. You spend all morning looking for this killer Playin' Jam that you think is on this tape from '72, probably the Fillmore, and you know it's a Maxell with the label on upside down, but it doesn't have a case, and you know the tape starts with Sugaree but the last time you think you saw it was under your friend's refrigerator, or maybe it was just a filler on that Alpine Valley '89 show, which you think you listened to in that dude's bus on the way to Dear Creek that year, but his number is on the back of the ticket stub that you think is stuffed in your Soundboard copy of 7/8/78 set II, and you have NO idea where that is, so you pull out DeadBase and start looking for every show since '71 that even had a Playin' but by '77 or so you forgot what you were lookin for because you got wrapped up in that killer He's Gone, etc., etc.... (If this sounds like something that happens to you every day, you KNOW you're a deadhead.)

31. Lately, It Occures To You Just Exactly What A Long Strange Trip It's Been.
Denis Van liked this

#27365  by frankielee

You know your a DEADHEAD when your a junior in high school and you beg your parents to let you go see the DEAD on a school night!..."Um,ah,the late show too Dad?!?!

#27367  by weedar

You know you're a deadhead when your idea of variety
is listening to a studio album instead of a live
recording.
Denis Van liked this

#27368  by BlobWeird

weedar wrote:You know you're a deadhead when your idea of variety
recording.
Haha yeah thats the way i look at the studio. Oh and same goes for JGB. Gotta switch it up lol
 #27369  by kenneybonz

when you spend earnest time trying to convince blood relatives that Phil has a sweet singing voice and that it's just matured since Unbroken Chain.

#27377  by st stephen

that ws good kryzcat

you know you a deadhead when you are having a discussion about what your favorite song is and you pick Eyes of the World. Or whatever your favorite dead is.

#27378  by lostsailor8782

Thats so funny , I will always remember the Deads hotline number from the west coast 415 457 6388 but I cannot remember the east coast line .. I think it was a 203 number possibly

#27383  by krzykat

East coast was a 212 #

#27387  by ScarletFire77

You know your a deadhead when...

You get about 7 GD calendars during the holidays, because all of your friends and family think they are the only ones to say, "hey, so-and-so is a deadhead, he'll love this nifty calendar."

- or -

you're bothered when other bands don't mess up lyrics.

- or -

you understand that it is perfectly acceptable for a grown man to own bean bears, as long as their names include: Dark Star, Candyman, Father Time, ect.

#27389  by mutant_dan

You know you are a dead head when friends and family send you sympathy cards when one of the band members pass.
Denis Van liked this

#27390  by jackr

You know your a deadhead when...

you need a tee shirt to go under a white dress shirt but all your tees are tie dyed

All your kids and pets are names from dead songs
Denis Van liked this

#27394  by jck_strw

...when you see those WWJD bracelets and think, 'yeah, what would Jerry do?'.

#30 is my favourite from that list because that used to happen to me all the time. Still happens occasionally, but not like it used to.

#27403  by gratephulphish123

you know you're a deadhead when you convert Jehova's Witnesses into Jerry fans

also when your response to people claiming jerry isn't the best guitarist ever is "Stella Blue (insert favorite stella here) man, you'll see it my way"

#27406  by nicolasalk

BlobWeird wrote:
weedar wrote:You know you're a deadhead when your idea of variety
recording.
Haha yeah thats the way i look at the studio. Oh and same goes for JGB. Gotta switch it up lol
so reaal

#27409  by revned_04

number 23 or blobs are really made me chuckle.