#168893  by wpmartin1979

Thought I’d keep you guys updated in my new purchase in case any of you are on the fence- I know there are still a couple available. Havnt changed the pickups yet.
I added brass hardware, made a brass jack plate and a brass truss rod cover.

Here’s what it looks like plus a second demo of what it sounds like through pedals.

The setup is Eastwood Tiger middle pup split coil > Micro Tron IV & Oc-2 (rhythm loop) and > OD-3 (lead tone) > Fender Super Champ x2 Head Channel One > JBL K120 original cone
No arrangement in this just a jam (a bit sloppy lol)
Gotta get that Jerry tone!
-Fire on the Mountain Jam

https://youtu.be/llNILQ0vUIk

Having a lot of fun with this thing!
Last edited by wpmartin1979 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LazyLightning72 liked this
 #168894  by LazyLightning72

Sounds good man!

I’d love to have one sitting next to my Eastwood Wolf, but after getting it, and a reissue 65’ Fender Deluxe, I’m tapped out atm.

I truly hope it gives you a lifetime of enjoyment, keep posting those clips too.
wpmartin1979 liked this
 #168900  by Jon S.

Enjoy! :cool:
wpmartin1979 liked this
 #168924  by wpmartin1979

LazyLightning72 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:30 pm Have you installed the new pickups yet?

Would be nice to hear a comparison once you get them installed.
Not yet, although I have them, lol. I want to get the guitar set up and have a guitar tech swap them, but so far too lazy to take it in. Been playing it too much.
I’ll definitely post something when it’s done though.
 #168930  by LazyLightning72

wpmartin1979 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:35 am
LazyLightning72 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:30 pm Have you installed the new pickups yet?

Did your wolf come with the Dimarzio pups?
No, it came with the same ones you have iirc.

I have thought about switching to the DiMarzio as well.
But it will be after the first of the year if I do, between Christmas and cigars I’m a bit tapped out in the wallet atm, lol!
 #168931  by wpmartin1979

LazyLightning72 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:22 am
wpmartin1979 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:35 am

Did your wolf come with the Dimarzio pups?
No, it came with the same ones you have iirc.

I have thought about switching to the DiMarzio as well.
But it will be after the first of the year if I do, between Christmas and cigars I’m a bit tapped out in the wallet atm, lol!
Yeah you know I’m not unhappy with the way the stock pickups sound. I just wonder if I will be MORE HAPPY with the Dimarzios, lol!
At the same time, I don’t want to mess with a good a thing and am considering actually putting the Dimarzios in a Carvin or a strat for a future Jerry tone project. Either way I’ll keep you posted! Lol
 #168933  by LazyLightning72

I feel similar about it. That’s one reason I didn’t go ahead and by them when I first got the guitar ( not that doing so is a bad thing ). However over the last few months since getting it, I have really been impressed with how the stock pups sound. Especially when I turned the gain down, that alone made a huge difference.

I’m very happy with it, and many of my expectations were not only meet but exceeded, with this Wolf Tribute. The only gripe I have atm, is about a pedal. That can be fixed though.

I’m very happy you are enjoying your new Tiger, after you get it dialed in to your preferences, you’re never going to want to put it down.
 #168934  by wpmartin1979

LazyLightning72 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:09 pm I feel similar about it. That’s one reason I didn’t go ahead and by them when I first got the guitar ( not that doing so is a bad thing ). However over the last few months since getting it, I have really been impressed with how the stock pups sound. Especially when I turned the gain down, that alone made a huge difference.

I’m very happy with it, and many of my expectations were not only meet but exceeded, with this Wolf Tribute. The only gripe I have atm, is about a pedal. That can be fixed though.

I’m very happy you are enjoying your new Tiger, after you get it dialed in to your preferences, you’re never going to want to put it down.
For me moving the pickups WAY down from the strings really improved the tone and sustain of the guitar, as well as turning the gain all the way down. I’m really dialing in some sweet Jerry tones at this point. When I go back to my Strat it really sounds like a strat! If you know what I mean, the Tiger sounds WAY different.
I wish Eastwood provided more info on the pickups. There really is no info available. I wonder were they made to exactly replicate the Super 2s and SDS1? I know they have ceramic mags, etc. All I know is that they sound pretty good, but I can’t compare them to anything.
If I put the Dimarzios in a different guitar then I can directly compare and see if it would be worth the $200 as an upgrade. That may be the route I end up taking.
 #168941  by LazyLightning72

I know what you mean, I don’t have a Fender Strat, I do have a 2013 60’s CV Squire Strat. The difference between the two is night and day, and the CV is actually a really good playing guitar.

I have my pickup height set as close to how he had his on Tiger according to Dozin:
The neck and middle pickups are 10/64" from the strings, and the bridge pickup sits 14/64" away.

My neck pup can’t crank down that far, so it sits around 8/64”, the mid and bridge are at the listed spec for his though.

I also play with .020” relief, he played at .030”
 #168945  by wpmartin1979

LazyLightning72 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:21 pm My neck pup can’t crank down that far, so it sits around 8/64”, the mid and bridge are at the listed spec for his though.
Yeah what up with that? No adjustment for the neck pup? That’s a little weird, I might see if I can change that.
 #168966  by LazyLightning72

It can adjust, but I think it bottoms out. I need to take the plate off and make sure is not a wire in the way. The mid and bridge can go way down.

I might take a look tonight, and let you know what I find. Stress on might, I tend to start playing when I grab it, lol!
 #168969  by wpmartin1979

LazyLightning72 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:39 pm It can adjust, but I think it bottoms out. I need to take the plate off and make sure is not a wire in the way. The mid and bridge can go way down.

I might take a look tonight, and let you know what I find. Stress on might, I tend to start playing when I grab it, lol!
Well what I am saying is that mine doesn’t go down at all either. The screws just come out