#167570  by Hitime

What is the best color chip for the new microtron IV for jerry tone?
 #167571  by jkstraw

I've tried all three - I find the stock 'gold' to be the closest. But the 'red' was pretty damn good too.

If you find otherwise - shoot me your settings I'd be interested in trying other settings (I don't always trust my own ears 100%!! :lol: )
 #167576  by healthy_scratch

Hello

I did not even know about this with the IV. I ordered one back in November and have had it on my board once it finally cleared customs back in February. My Microtron IV, I guess is not Opti Mod (whatever that may entail) as my chip inside is black. Might anyone be able to share what the difference might be sonically?

The pedal is fantastic and the actual Jerry G settings as per the guide are pretty spot on with my Strat with a humbucker in the bridge. I slapped a Lollar Imperial as my Bridge pickup (love it) and the settings recommended by Mu for Jerry tone were excellent with the Lollar in the bridge on the Strat. Those settings are:

Mode - LP
Range- Lo
Level - 3:00
Peak - 11:00
Gain - 11:30

The Up-Down button here would also be off meaning set to the default setting of Up. This is the setting I am running with for Shakedown, Fire, Estimated, Ramble On Rose, Ruben & Cherise etc.

Many thanks and I appreciate any feedback folks might have who have the Microtron IV.

Cheers,

- HS
Last edited by healthy_scratch on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #167577  by jkstraw

Hey,

Here is some info on the Opto-Mods: https://www.mu-tron.com/shop/pedals/mu- ... o-tron-iv/

From my understanding the stock black in the original run of the Micro-Tron IV is the gold. The original run of the IVs was before the lineup of Opto-Mods were available. I am pretty sure that it what was said during a live Q&A Rand did a couple months ago - but don't quote me on it!
 #167578  by healthy_scratch

jkstraw wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:12 pm Hey,

Here is some info on the Opto-Mods: https://www.mu-tron.com/shop/pedals/mu- ... o-tron-iv/

From my understanding the stock black in the original run of the Micro-Tron IV is the gold. The original run of the IVs was before the lineup of Opto-Mods were available. I am pretty sure that it what was said during a live Q&A Rand did a couple months ago - but don't quote me on it!
Thanks for the info Jack Straw from Ottawa, much appreciated!
 #167579  by lbpesq

I hadn’t heard of the Opti Mods until I saw this thread. I have a Micro-Tron III that I love. When I read about the Micro-Tron IV with the interchangeable mods, I considered if I wanted to sell my III and get a IV. So I looked up Micro-Trons on reverb and discovered that the used Micro-Tron IIIs are significantly more expensive than the newer IVs. Is there a reason for this? Anyone know why the IIIs seem to be more valuable than the IVs? Inquiring minds, (or at least mine), want to know!

Bill, tgo
 #167580  by jkstraw

Hey Bill,

I don't think there is a 'sonic' reason for the price difference. I think it is just people trying to get as much as possible (maybe to fund for the upcoming Bi Phase release!). I am sure a lot of people aren't even aware of IV (just as many people don't know about the Opto-Mods).

Having said that...maybe I should get my Micro-Tron III up on reverb and ride the wave! (kidding!)