#167061  by caspersvapors

Ive had a Qtron* for ~ 10 years and I actually love this pedal (though it can be quite bassy sometimes)

Can the Micro Tron basically cover all the same terrain in a smaller package? (Minus the fx loop which I never use)

the things I dont like about the Qtron are size and power requirement
 #167062  by Cosmopolis

I’ve tried and used just about every envelope filter, and I’m very impressed with the little micro Tron. I think it’s as good as the bigger Mutron models. The gain adjustment is very helpful in fine tuning the attack to get the perfect dynamic response.
 #167064  by lbpesq

I have the Micro Tron III. Great pedal. If you want something smaller than your Q Tron + and more economical than the Micro Tron, take a look at the EHX Micro Q Tron. Designed by Mike Beigel. It ‘s the best sounding non Mu Tron/Mu FX envelope I’ve played, IMHO. But if cost is not a significant factor, I would definitely go with the Micro Tron. I think you’ll like it more than your Q Tron +.

Bill, tgo
 #168117  by cje

I own an original Mu-Tron III, which lives in my CAE rack.

Back in the “before time” when I was gigging a lot in NYC, it was not feasible to bring that rack to Most gigs, and I built what I think is a fantastic little fly-in board, and that has a Micro-Tron IV on it. I actually got the stock gold onto-mod module as well as the red for $20 more. The differences are subtle, but I actually prefer the ever-so-slightly slower envelope of the red, and don’t ever swap in the gold.

The pedal sounds amazing. It truly sounds and acts like my vintage III. It’s the only non-III that captures that depth and reacts to my touch the same way that I’ve ever tried.

I’d think you would be very happy with the Micro-Tron IV!
 #168124  by caspersvapors

well just to bring this to a close - I actually did end up finding a Micro Tron III, and I ended up selling it a few days later. I found that the knobs had to be set at extreme settings to get some proper Jerry tones and it just didnt sound as thick as my Qtron+. I think the Q Tron does those thick 70s sounds better (which I prefer). The Micro Tron sounds like Jerrys early 80s wah sounds.