#164409  by tntawney

Anyone have any thoughts on these? I was thinking of one loaded with a D120.
 #164410  by brianb

In case you didn't already know this, John Mayer plays through three Deluxe Reverbs with Dead & Co..; two vintage blackfaces and one Allesandro hand-wired - all with JBL D120s. If I didn't already have a Deluxe Reverb with a D120, I'd get one from Allesandro.
 #164411  by strumminsix

I've played one once with their stock speaker: great amp, very touch dynamic, more clean headroom than traditional DR, great tone.

In terms of tone and feel think right in between a DR and Twin.
tntawney liked this
 #164412  by tntawney

brianb wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:35 am In case you didn't already know this, John Mayer plays through three Deluxe Reverbs with Dead & Co..; two vintage blackfaces and one Allesandro hand-wired - all with JBL D120s. If I didn't already have a Deluxe Reverb with a D120, I'd get one from Allesandro.
Yes, I did see that last year he switched from his signature PRS amps. I think John has been using his amps and cabs off and on for years. I was just on the fence of whether to buy an old silverface or a rewired DRRI from Allesandro.
 #164413  by MikeMcA

Do we know whether Mayer's D120's have original cones? From what I can gather there are very few of those still operational but if anyone has the wherewithal to track down unobtanium gear it's JM.

Edit: thread hijack; sorry!
 #164416  by brianb

A friend of mine back east spoke with Allesandro on this topic and according to him, Mayer is using re-coned D120s with paper surrounds and light doping like the original Ds.
MikeMcA, TI4-1009 liked this