#163919  by tcsned

Hey folks! I thought I would pose this to the hive mind. My Wolf guitar has been having microphonic feedback issues. I thought it was the DIMarzio pickup but I just swapped it out for a Barden Duo-tone which I love but that did not solve the issue. It only happens with high gain settings. Any thoughts of where other than the pickups it could be coming from?
 #163921  by TeeJay

I read somewhere to put foam pieces in the pickup cavity route to encapsulate the pickup. If I remember right the tech said he used a bunch of those disposable foam earplugs all squeezed in there. Is it maybe be a high gain pedal thats not playing nice?
tcsned liked this
 #163922  by TeeJay

I am guessing here but the metal pickup plate and metal adjustment pickup springs in a swimming pool route might be more prone to microphonic issues. Maybe try the rubber tubing on the adjustment screws.
tcsned, milobender, hippieguy1954 and 1 others liked this
 #164308  by TRG

tcsned wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:48 pm Thanks! I'll give it a shot :)
Hi - just wondering if you've had any luck here? I've been having problems with feedback when engaging my distortion pedal (Dr. Swamp) simultaneously with my Earth Drive. The feedback only occurs when in Single P/U mode...if I engage the humbucker it disappears. Of course it also disappears if I turn down the guitar volume, which is not an option as it makes my volume in the context of the band too low. At lower volumes I can make the feedback happen by just facing the cab when playing and then turning away to eliminate it, but at higher and volumes the feedback occurs even with my back facing the cab. I imagine if I put a ton of distance between me and the cab that the feedback would be eliminated, but typically not possible with small stage space.

Anyone have any additional tips to try?
 #164309  by tcsned

I haven't totally figured it out. I have one OBEL guitar without a brass pickup plate and it does not seem to have the same issues (neither do my Strat or Les Paul). I turned down the drive and treble on the Solar Flare and the Dr Swamp and that seemed to make it go away. Ideally I'd like to be able to turn the drive up. I've been busy with work and haven't had the time I was hooping to mess with it but hopefully soon. I'm gonna try to put some rubber tubing around the PU screws and some kind of soft layer between the pickup plates and the body. I'll let you know if I find a solution. If you find one let me know too :)
 #164313  by TRG

tcsned wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:37 am I haven't totally figured it out. I have one OBEL guitar without a brass pickup plate and it does not seem to have the same issues (neither do my Strat or Les Paul). I turned down the drive and treble on the Solar Flare and the Dr Swamp and that seemed to make it go away. Ideally I'd like to be able to turn the drive up. I've been busy with work and haven't had the time I was hooping to mess with it but hopefully soon. I'm gonna try to put some rubber tubing around the PU screws and some kind of soft layer between the pickup plates and the body. I'll let you know if I find a solution. If you find one let me know too :)
Cool - will do. Thanks!