#160204  by frankenstein260

I just noticed that Thomas has decided to focus on producing effects pedals, cables, and custom guitars! If there are any other suggestions on where to purchase strings similar that would be great.

best,

Nathan
 #160205  by gratefulredhead

I used to use Vinci strings and loved them but switched to D'Addario NYXLs a while ago and I LOVE them. They share similar strengths to the Vincis. Bright, stay in tune well, take lots of bending in stride. I think they last a bit longer too.
 #160206  by ac4468

I just reached out to Mike to see what's up. I was just set up as a dealer :-( and this is the first I had heard about this. Maybe he'll do a few bulk order runs.
 #160207  by TI4-1009

He's selling them on ebay now, check his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/tvincistringsu-s ... 7675.l2563
 #160220  by Rusty the Scoob

TI4-1009 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:55 pm He's selling them on ebay now, check his store:

Huh! The prices on bass strings are actually really good, it's hard to beat $15 for 4 string or $18 for 5 string and get strings that aren't garbage. I don't use a ton of roundwounds but I have a set on my blue-sparkle P-bass that I use for '82-'83 and they're really nice - well balanced, great tone, feel nice, etc. Not a hint of pitch-wobble, they intonate perfectly. I hope he keeps making them!
 #160222  by joethepainter

Rusty the Scoob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:39 am
TI4-1009 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:55 pm He's selling them on ebay now, check his store:

Huh! The prices on bass strings are actually really good, it's hard to beat $15 for 4 string or $18 for 5 string and get strings that aren't garbage. I don't use a ton of roundwounds but I have a set on my blue-sparkle P-bass that I use for '82-'83 and they're really nice - well balanced, great tone, feel nice, etc. Not a hint of pitch-wobble, they intonate perfectly. I hope he keeps making them!
Hey Rusty, I have a quick question for you...I have an Ibanez acoustic bass, and the strings are ready for changing. I'm NOT a bass player, but I pretend I am in my home studio. Anyway, do you have a recommendation for what strings to use? I think Elixers are on it now, don't really like the feel of them, plus they sound kinda dead (not in a good way!)
Any guidance you could offer would be most appreciated! Thx
 #160226  by frankenstein260

ac4468 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 pm I just reached out to Mike to see what's up. I was just set up as a dealer :-( and this is the first I had heard about this. Maybe he'll do a few bulk order runs.
Ya that's what I am hoping, we will need to stock up if that happens. :lol:
 #160229  by ac4468

I asked if there was a magic number of sets for him to do one more run and I'd commit to anywhere from 100 or 1000 sets and he only offered that he'd email me if he decides to reintroduce them. Oh well! Maybe he'll sell the brand and machines.
frankenstein260 liked this
 #160234  by Rusty the Scoob

joethepainter wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:52 am
Rusty the Scoob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:39 am

Hey Rusty, I have a quick question for you...I have an Ibanez acoustic bass, and the strings are ready for changing. I'm NOT a bass player, but I pretend I am in my home studio. Anyway, do you have a recommendation for what strings to use? I think Elixers are on it now, don't really like the feel of them, plus they sound kinda dead (not in a good way!)
Any guidance you could offer would be most appreciated! Thx
I'm not a great source for this question, I still have the stock strings on my Guild acoustic, I bought it maybe 9 months ago and don't use it that much. I did ask a bass-player friend who I trust, and he had asked Rick Turner, who said any flats will do, or he had a special brand that I believe he helped develop specificially for ABGs. But so far I'm still rolling with the stock strings and I'm not really in love with it, it's just a handy tool for campfire and backstage jams.
joethepainter liked this
 #160240  by Jon S.

There are so many great string options available today, we are truly living in the golden age of strings. After much experimentation, I've chosen to go with Curt Mangans. D'Addario is my backup choice. Respectfully, I believe that if we can't get great great tone with some choice from these two manufacturers, it ain't the strings.
 #160513  by ccw3432

I've been playing the Vinci's lately but prior to that used the D'Addario Pro Steels and D'Angelico Hot Nickel Concept. All three produce a really nice bright tone. I'll probably go back to the Pro Steels when I run out of Vincis.
 #160514  by Gr8fulCadi

MattMan wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:52 pm I started using DR Tite-Fit Medium (10-46) and Medium Heavy (10-50) as a replacement for the Vincis. So far so good.
Been using DR since 03’ when I worked at a Sam Ash and got em 1/2 price. Still use em today and have no reason to change. They last long too.
MattMan liked this
 #160522  by TI4-1009

We know Jerry used Vincis 23-43 years ago. Technology has come a ways since then, and Jerry kept up with new stuff as it came out. He also changed strings every night (sometimes every set). If you don't want to do that you just may have to think outside the box.