#159697  by gratefulredhead

Hi gang,

I'm sharing this because i think it managed to get a good aggressive but clean 78 tone here. Plus it might be the best performance my band has yet captured on video. I hope you all enjoy it! We had a great special guest on slide guitar that night...James Biehn from Des Moines Iowa.

https://youtu.be/z6Kv8EajB70
zambiland liked this
 #159713  by Jedstein

This is excellent, man! The whole thing -- vocals, amazing Jerry tone, ripping slide player, your ripping solo. I also dig the way you vary the licks in between the verses. That's key on this song, otherwise it gets repetitive, and you did a killer job with that. Great energy overall -- everyone looked super comfortable and it was clear that you guys were having a blast.
gratefulredhead liked this
 #159718  by rugger

Very nice multiple camera video! The crescendo out of the solo was a highlight for me. Well done!

It's also interesting to me at this time because I'm on a bit of a '78 tone quest with my new AX8. I'm finding Jerry's guitar is really quite crunchy when digging in. The "clean" seems to come from lightening up one's touch--fitting with all the experts assertions to that end.

Anyways, your band looks fun. Great work.

john in san diego
gratefulredhead liked this
 #159983  by MRiley99

Sounds great man! James played my wedding years ago and is as great a person as he is a player. Looking forward to seeing you guys this week, spent alot of hours sprucing up the Yacht Club in the last couple weeks.
 #159984  by mgbills

Well that is just good stuff right there!

I'd have been boogyin' my old arse off if I had been in attendance. Very nice. And as stated nice parts from all players. Your drummer has some splendid drummer facial mannerisms. Always a sign of being in the groove.

And what I think is key...it sounds like you're all having fun. Which is really the point...in my humble view.

Peace
M