#158804  by nuthatchwinters

hello all. just had the works done to my gibson sg in terms of unity gain buffer, obel, super 2s and sds1 put in, routed for middle pickup, coil tapped, 5 way switch, new pick gaurd and was charged a little north of 500 bucks. just wondering what the thoughts are if that seems in the ballpark. thank you.
 #158806  by NQL

Sounds like a bargain! People do good work they get paid,simple.
 #158811  by TI4-1009

#158829  by nuthatchwinters

picked up guitar today and have to say they did a terrific job. the output jacks are just a little bit spaced apart but i'm not going to nitpick becaouse the sound is outstanding. highly recommend obel and unity gain buffer. absolutely great. also i read somewhere on here that sg's can present some challenges with this particular mod so over all i think they did a great job. i will post pic or video when i figure it out
 #158831  by TeeJay

I just used the used the 2nd volume pot hole for the OBEL jack so I only had to drill the bypass toggle hole. The coil taps are on the tone push pull pots.
 #158837  by nuthatchwinters

to bigfoot. no, i didn't supply anything. just gave em my standard 70s era sg and they did the works. as has been mentioned once or twice on this forum (sarcasm) it really is the sh*t, just love it. teejay thats great work there, looks great. i was a little hesitant going foward with routing out for the middle pup but am happy i did. have you considered putting in the dimarzios?
 #158839  by TeeJay

teejay thats great work there, looks great. i was a little hesitant going foward with routing out for the middle pup but am happy i did. have you considered putting in the dimarzios?
Thanks. Super 2 neck, Super Dist bridge, Wald adjustable gain preamp. I was going for a 68'-71' thing.