Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #156632  by milobender

Hi all, just wanted to let you know I've just become a Quilter Dealer... let me know if you'd like information, and/or to order, great gear.

Thanks,

Brian
 #156633  by ac4468

Love my Quilter Micropro Head. How's the little Microblock sound? Thinking about pairing it up with my little 2x6 cab.
 #156636  by strumminsix

Awesome Brian! I hear they have some new models coming out like the Problock 200 but with a more traditional tonestack. Any scoop?
 #156644  by milobender

ac4468 wrote:Love my Quilter Micropro Head. How's the little Microblock sound? Thinking about pairing it up with my little 2x6 cab.
Absolutely, I love the Mach 2 head too... That's all I've been playing through since I got it. I've go a Microblock herre, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a whirl and let you know. They just came out with the Microblock with Reverb too. Unfortunately I don't have one here, but I have total confidence it's great. These guys make good stuff.
 #156645  by milobender

strumminsix wrote:Awesome Brian! I hear they have some new models coming out like the Problock 200 but with a more traditional tonestack. Any scoop?
Yes, the news wasn't supposed to go out until today "o) I haven't heard it yet, but here's a link to Quilter's page:
http://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/pr ... rdrive-200
 #156649  by strumminsix

milobender wrote:
strumminsix wrote:Awesome Brian! I hear they have some new models coming out like the Problock 200 but with a more traditional tonestack. Any scoop?
Yes, the news wasn't supposed to go out until today "o) I haven't heard it yet, but here's a link to Quilter's page:
http://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/pr ... rdrive-200
thanks! heard about it about a month back. friends in low places :)

i'll be curious to hear your thoughts!!
 #156650  by milobender

milobender wrote:
ac4468 wrote:Love my Quilter Micropro Head. How's the little Microblock sound? Thinking about pairing it up with my little 2x6 cab.
Absolutely, I love the Mach 2 head too... That's all I've been playing through since I got it. I've go a Microblock herre, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a whirl and let you know. They just came out with the Microblock with Reverb too. Unfortunately I don't have one here, but I have total confidence it's great. These guys make good stuff.

I just spent some time with a 101 Block, and the short of it is, you won't be happy with it. It's voiced a bit differently, and doesn't have enough control over the eq to get that crisp Jerry tone. So far the Mach 2 is the one.
 #156654  by strumminsix

milobender wrote:
milobender wrote:

I just spent some time with a 101 Block, and the short of it is, you won't be happy with it. It's voiced a bit differently, and doesn't have enough control over the eq to get that crisp Jerry tone. So far the Mach 2 is the one.
To me the mini is the Crate Powerblock destroyer. Sounds very good. Perfect backup. But like a jack of all trades master of none.
 #156656  by ccw3432

Nice! I've been eyeing the Mach 2 head for a while. Quilter is doing some great stuff. I've thought about pairing a Mach 2 head with a 1x12 jbl or perhaps a Purple Haze, but curious if anyone has tried one of the Mach 2 combo amps and what your thoughts are.
 #156657  by milobender

ccw3432 wrote:Nice! I've been eyeing the Mach 2 head for a while. Quilter is doing some great stuff. I've thought about pairing a Mach 2 head with a 1x12 jbl or perhaps a Purple Haze, but curious if anyone has tried one of the Mach 2 combo amps and what your thoughts are.
I've got a Combo Amp here, an 8", that I haven't tried yet. I'll give it a test this afternoon. I have a limited amount of money to put toward inventory, so I got the 8" just to see the difference with the small speaker and how it would do for a rehearsal amp... Since I already have a number of 12" speakers to try the Head on.
 #156658  by ac4468

ccw3432 I have a Mach II Head. Have a 2x8 closed cabinet using the same Celestion TF0818 speakers that the 8" combo has. I can say that is it a great combo but not really ideal for Jerry tones. Through my 1x12 with an Eminence Commonwealth it does a great job and believe it or not, through a 2x6 with Eminence Alphas it does a good job as well.
 #156659  by FrettyBoy

I've got a MicroPro Mach II head. I've used it with an E120 in a Polytone Mini Brute amp that was converted to a 1x12 cab. I've also powered a 2x12 with Weber ceramic Californias, then the JBL and the Webers together. The 3x12 was the most fun cranked up a bit outdoors. While I like the head very much, I don't LOVE it yet. I want to!! I've been using a Twin for several years now and I was hoping the MPII would replace the Twin head. It comes close, but I haven't really nailed it yet.

I play bass with an eclectic fiddle band, and I use a Toneblock 200 to power a Fender Rumble 2x10 cab with 1 51RI P-Bass. Love that situation. Image
 #164610  by lbpesq

Bringing back an older thread, I thought I would post about my recent experience with Quilter. My regular rig for the past few years has been an Alembic F-2B preamp with channel two "jumpered" from channel one. The two separate outputs go into the two channels of a Carvin DCM200L power amp. I emphasize low end on one channel of the F-2B, and high end on the second channel. The "high" side then goes into a 1x12 with a stock JBL K120, while the "low" side goes to an identical 1x12 except the JBL K120 has been re-coned with hemp. I love this set-up.

That being said, I was recently looking around for a good back-up amp for gigs and picked up a Quilter 101 Mini Reverb. I was extremely impressed with it. I didn't experience any of the noise issues previously mentioned in this thread. I feel more comfortable with the more traditional Fender-style tone stack, (BMT), than the proprietary Quilter tone controls. And I found the built-in limiter VERY useful to keep the tone clean at high gain.

I then picked up the Blockdock 10tc Cab for the Quilter for a quick, light, grab 'n go amp for small jams. HOLY COW BATMAN! This little 1x10 cab is absolutely incredible! It's about 1 foot square and weighs only 17 lbs. with the 101 Mini Reverb attached. I've used it at rehearsal and it sounds pretty darn good, though, admittedly, not as "big" and "full" as my regular rig.

Next I picked up a used Quilter Frontliner cab (2x8). HOLY DOUBLE COW BATMAN! This tiny little cab (27 lbs. with amp attached) sounds like I'm playing through a Twin Reverb! I can't imagine I'd have any problem keeping up with a 4x12 stack with this little thing. I am now going back and forth on switching to the Quilter as my regular rig. It sure is nice to walk from the car to the jam with my guitar on my back, amp in one hand, and pedal-board in the other. One trip to set-up, one trip to load out. Very tempting!

Bill, tgo