#153718  by CountryMile Cadillac

Im watching too much Netflix apparently... The show Shameless just had a scene that started off talking about Mickey Hart.. then went into a tour story.. Pretty funny.
 #155834  by cube

2007 or so, my first trip to Italy for work. One night, a bunch of us went across the border to a restaurant in Slovenia. When we were seated, the first song we heard on the piped in music: 'Till the Morning' Comes from AB. That was unexpected.
 #157896  by TI4-1009

I was listening to Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me on NPR this morning- they were broadcasting from San Francisco. For one of the little 5-second music fills between segments they had a snippet of Slipknot.

Sort of like when Garrison Keillor would do a Prairie Home Companion show from S.F. he would always do a Jerry song.
 #158882  by TI4-1009

End of The Beat at 7:00 on MSNBC today, Ari Melber ended a segment on outgoing Chris Christie with:

"Sometimes the lights all shining on me,
Other times I can barely see.
Lately it occurs to me
What a Long Strange Trip it's Been."

Closet Deadhead??
 #158902  by gr8fulbluz

Strange how these things pop up at the right time. But I was thinking about this thread/topic when I heard, I cannot remember what song it was but I Think it was New speedway boogie, Not a song I would expect to hear.
I forget in 2 weeks time, gee-zoo, I need memory pills. I have trouble remembering these days.
It was in the lobby of a hotel outside of Pittsburgh. Made my day!
Anywho I remembered this thread, and up it pops. :cool:
 #168171  by TI4-1009

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on NPR- just used I Need A Miracle as a segment lead out.
Jon S., paulinnc liked this
 #168182  by Jon S.

I was thinking about this ... I'm no longer truly surprised where I hear the Dead. It and we are everywhere!
 #168571  by TI4-1009

Not exactly, but- Seth Meyers had Dan Aykroyd on a few nights ago (remote). He started off outside, but when he came into his house he had a stereo system in the corner with a brief glimpse of an MC2300 on the floor.