#143193  by TI4-1009

Check out 7/17/76- it was the Sirius noon show yesterday. The solo coming out of Comes a Time goes places I never heard them go before. Drifts into an odd (literally) time signature, very introspective, gets jazzy. Riveting. The whole second set after that really takes off.
 #154242  by Brad125

I gotta go with 7-17-76.

... Dave's Picks 18
 #154292  by musicguy

Dick's Picks, Vol. 21:
Richmond, Virginia, 11/1/85

great version and great show. highly recommended. great performance by everyone. Jerry sings ever-so sweetly on some great ballads. his playing also "sparkles sweetly" at this show. its a show thats has a more than typical amount of ballads but they are so good you dont mind. also Jerry rocks out very well when he has to. the rest of the band puts in stellar performances too. whole team showed up this night. loose yet in the pocket playing. everyone sings this night. even phil is in excellent vocal form :) superb 80s show. don't let the set list fool ya on this one ;

1st set
Dancin' in the Streets
Cold Rain and Snow
Little Red Rooster
Stagger Lee
Me and My Uncle
Big River
Brown Eyed Women
Jack Straw
Don't Ease Me In

2nd set
Samson and Delilah
High Time
He's Gone
Spoonful
Comes a Time :hail: :smile: :-) :wink:
Lost Sailor
drums
space
Saint of Circumstance
Gimme Some Lovin'
She Belongs to Me :hail: :hail: :smile: :-) :wink: "the most stunning rendition" - John Metzger, The Music Box
Gloria

Encore
Day Job
 #154346  by Maybeck09

I first heard the song at Red Rocks on 9/7/85. The best concert I've ever been to. It really spoke to me. I remember hearing the long lead lines wiping around in the Colorado winds, in and out of focus. "Only love can fill"