#152779  by BassPlayerLB

I bought this Gretsch a few years ago and have slowly been transforming it into my "earlier" Phil bass. The inside has been stuffed with foam, pickups replaced with TV Jones Thunder'Mags, and ACG EQ-01 filter preamp has been installed. All original hardware replaced with gold or black. I'm extremely pleased with the final result and the tone of this bass is phenomenal and extremely versatile.

Here's a video of "The Other One> Wharf Rat" from last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-H3N6Sr2sI
Last edited by BassPlayerLB on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #152830  by tcsned

Nice!
Your pics aren't working because the links are to the page where the images are displayed not to the actual image. To get the image, right click and select "view image" then you should get the URL of the image. It should end with ".jpg"

#152833  by BassPlayerLB

tcsned wrote:Nice!
Your pics aren't working because the links are to the page where the images are displayed not to the actual image. To get the image, right click and select "view image" then you should get the URL of the image. It should end with ".jpg"

ahh thanks! I couldn't figure that out.
 #152845  by hieronymous7

Looks great! Nice take on your "Phil bass" - I like that you didn't try and duplicate his bass but went more for the philosophy. Plus it sounds great!