Talk about the recent Tours
 #144934  by dleonard

Anyone? 3 preferred. This really sucks about tickets. I'm AMAZED that this wasn't foreseen. Secondary market is already outrageous with scum scalpers charging up to 13k. Very UN-Dude.
 #144935  by softmachine72

Jeez I just wasted an hour trying to get tix. I guess I will take out a second mortgage on the house to get seats. NOT
 #144936  by mikeb

I need one too, 62 yr. old head, no pink or mo returned from gdts too, no luck tm, 2 for sun 7-5 any extras?
 #144937  by joethepainter

dleonard wrote:Anyone? 3 preferred. This really sucks about tickets. I'm AMAZED that this wasn't foreseen. Secondary market is already outrageous with scum scalpers charging up to 13k. Very UN-Dude.
13K? Ridiculous! Total bullshit!
That said, I'll take 12k each for mine. I'll send them to you in a hand-colored envelope, s/h is $200 each...you don't want them lost, do you???
Just kidding.
It does suck.
And, no, I didnt get any tix, either... :roll:
 #144938  by HeadSpace

Only way I might pay 13k is if they'd let me sit in on a tune or two. Of course then everyone else would demand a refund...
 #144940  by Searing75

Dark Star Jubilee people!
 #144943  by TI4-1009

Oh it's not that bad- gen admission tix going in the $600s- most expensive under $3000. Get 'em while they're hot boys!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jesselawren ... s-on-sale/
 #144944  by Smolder

Sold out tickets for Mule/Scof were listed in the hundreds on CL. I walked up and bought two at face value. It'll be a tough ticket, but might be just as fun being in the parking lot with a wifi TV.
 #144945  by Hayduke

The whole thing is 180 degrees from the Dead, I'll sit this one out and catch small venue shows with which ever members play around Colorado. Chicago's going to be a Big Time Zoo ...... The Trustafarian can have at it !!!
 #144974  by eric

If anyone needs a 3-Day GA.. Theres one on StubHub for $1,160,004.09.. If that's too much there are plenty for $116k..
 #144975  by Alligator

eric wrote:If anyone needs a 3-Day GA.. Theres one on StubHub for $1,160,004.09.. If that's too much there are plenty for $116k..
Capitalism can be an ugly thing.
 #144985  by TI4-1009

Tickets for Grateful Dead reunion shows being scalped for $15,000
According to Stubhub, "This is definitely the biggest concert. By far. By far."

BY BEN KAYEON MARCH 02, 2015, 10:35AM
Consequence of Sound

Deadheads everywhere rejoiced back in January when the Grateful Dead announced three shows to celebrate the band’s 50th anniversary. If they didn’t manage to snag tickets for the July concerts at Chicago’s Soldier Field, however, StubHub has them singing a different tune. Available tickets on the popular online reseller are going for upwards of $15,000.

Of course, those are some of the more ridiculous listings (there’s even a few listed at $35,000, because jack-asses). But even realistically, the cheapest you could get on the July 4th show would be $630, and that’s for a seat with no view. If you wanted to see the stage, expect to pay well over $900, and for GA, you’ll absolutely spend over $1,500. Three-day passes start at $1,295, and get up into the $8,000 range.

For the more financially conservative crowd, there’s always the option of buying a parking pass and simply tailgating the show. You’ll get some of the gathering vibes and still be able to hear the music. Those will only cost you something like $200. To park your car. Outside of the venue.

The modern resale systems seem to be playing out as usual, jacking up prices and paying into greedy resellers, despite the fact that the Dead had implemented an old-fashioned pre-sale scheme. Fans could mail in a No. 10 envelope with their order to get a jump on scalpers. After the Dead50.net ticketing team reportedly received over 60,000 envelopes, many of which were decorated ornately, stuffed with almost 400,000 ticket requests, they were forced to push back the general Ticketmaster sale by a full two weeks.

Still, thousands of the mailed-in pre-orders were rejected, and there was another hiccup, due to the venue. Chicago Bears season-ticket holders actually got the first shot at tickets as per terms of their contract with Soldier Field and the ball club. Some speculate that many football fans snatched up tickets with no intention of attending, knowing how hot they would be on the aftermarket.

“I’ve been doing this nine years, and I would say this is going to be the biggest one I’ve seen,” an unnamed StubHub agent told Mashable. “The Super Bowl is always going to be bigger than anything. But this is definitely the biggest concert. By far. By far.”

It’s not exactly surprising that the events are such a big deal to Deadheads and music fans alike. “These will be the last shows with the four of us together,” Bob Weir said when the shows were announced, referring to his surviving bandmates Phil Lesh, Mickey Hart, and Bill Kreutzmann. Joining the original members will be Phish’s Trey Anastasio filling in for Jerry Garcia, ’90s Dead member Bruce Hornsby, and Jeff Chimenti, keyboardist from Weir’s RatDog.
 #145045  by gr8fullfred

Nobody is going to pay one million dollars to see those shows!

This is what happens when they said "The last time ever"!

Or course, you could check out Dead Set Tuesdays at Club Metronome in Burlington Vermont, free admission, starts about 10:30 PM, great tunes every Tuesday!

On average, better than FuRTHUR, always a great time.

Chicago? No thanks, I watch the couch tour.

Does anyone remember that Jerry died 20 years ago? Jerry is not going to be playing these shows.
 #145047  by hippieguy1954

It is not the Grateful Dead and it will not be like the Grateful Dead. Those days are long gone. No Jerry=no Grateful Dead. It will be it's own thing, whatever that turns out to be. A celebration. Certainly some good music, but not a Grateful Dead concert. Reality!

I wish a wonderful time for all :smile: