#14488  by lostsailor8782

5-31-92 Vegas off hand

#14490  by caspersvapors

I really like that vegas one, but 1994 Shoreline definitely tops it, simply cause Jerry launches into a tremendous solo at the end

#14492  by nicolasalk

caspersvapors wrote:I really like that vegas one, but 1994 Shoreline definitely tops it, simply cause Jerry launches into a tremendous solo at the end
But what is the date for that show???

#14493  by bodiddley

Sorry, but I have to go with the obvious favs of 10-1-94 and 7-9-95 (not just because I was there but it helps).

#14495  by confusions_prince

bodiddley wrote:Sorry, but I have to go with the obvious favs of 10-1-94 and 7-9-95 (not just because I was there but it helps).
Two things are necessary for good music: musicianship and energy. Great music is just music if it doesn't do something for you. Being at a show creates so many problems for objective choices... you rely on things others can't perceive for not having been there. Which is to say, why not just enjoy yourself?

#14502  by caspersvapors

nicolasalk wrote:
caspersvapors wrote:I really like that vegas one, but 1994 Shoreline definitely tops it, simply cause Jerry launches into a tremendous solo at the end
But what is the date for that show???
9/18/94

#14519  by shakedown_04092

10-1-94 hands down, no arguement. The Shoreline show (9-18?) is good, but the Boston Garden show is like standing in the eye of a hurricane.

#45368  by bucketorain

3-21-92 Copps Col. Hamilton

#45398  by warrenMFKNhaynes

great song, but i can't give you an answer. I never saw one live, i only saw 9 shows after brent died.

#45408  by tigerstrat

I always cringed a little bit when Jerry would get that HUGE rise out of the crowd at "Somewhere in San Francisco," ... at a show outside the Bay area. At shows in IL or NY or GA or wherever, you know only maybe 5% of the people attending have lived in or have any connection to SF, so what's up with the hooting and hollering? But I suppose that's just my vicious streak of fuddy-duddyism rearing its ugly head. I also greatly prefer the teased out versions of Wilson from before about 93-94 when the de facto consensus was formed that the crowd MUST begin chanting "Wilson" upon the 2nd measure of the intro beat. Blah.
 #86308  by imissjg

Thats easy...10/1/94,Boston Gardens.....Jerry had alittle extra "umph"in his vocals and musically,he nailed it!....."...So Many Roads,to HEAL my soul!.."its one-of-a -kind,he only played it that way once,on that night in Boston...What a night!!....His tone as he starts yelling the lyrics near the end of the song is priceless...I would do anything to be in that moment again...anything..we miss you Jer!
 #86310  by rkubik

My edge would go to the 7-9 but for me the Boston Garden show is a close second. MY distinction between the two is the vocals. I enjoy Jerry's vocals a little more on the 7-9 show. Only wish he could have been around a little longer to get more shows to compare.