#123775  by Dozin

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Nice! Looks a lot like a bass preamp. Onboard EQs are highly underrated in the guitar world IMHO.
I'm very surprised that I can't think of another guitar with an eq system like this. EMG has something but it's truly different. I wonder why it's not commonly used?

I know the guy that built this for me is looking to start selling these from a website. He also wants to sell it in a box like MK's. The hardest part of this system right now is finding the correct potentiometers. The ones I was able to get are NOS Ibanez parts but they're really getting hard to find. I think Eaton and I are the last ones to get the remaining pots in this guys private stock. He's looking at getting the pots custom built and then he'll be all set. I was really shocked that he sells the system at a really reasonable price. The board itself is the same price as what Jerry guys are paying for their buffers.
 #123831  by Jon S.

Cool guitars and thread. Dozin, this one got me to Search for Modulus also over at the Gear Page and find your posts on these fine guitars there, too. :smile:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=696004
 #126813  by Dozin

BAD ASS!!!

Time for electronics!

#126849  by Dozin

Thanks! I'm stoked, can't take my mind off it ;) I wanted this guitar before the Blue one and 4 years later,.. I'm sooo close!
I think it's coming out really nice

#126851  by Deadhead85

Dozin wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:Nice! Looks a lot like a bass preamp. Onboard EQs are highly underrated in the guitar world IMHO.
I'm very surprised that I can't think of another guitar with an eq system like this. EMG has something but it's truly different. I wonder why it's not commonly used?

I know the guy that built this for me is looking to start selling these from a website. He also wants to sell it in a box like MK's. The hardest part of this system right now is finding the correct potentiometers. The ones I was able to get are NOS Ibanez parts but they're really getting hard to find. I think Eaton and I are the last ones to get the remaining pots in this guys private stock. He's looking at getting the pots custom built and then he'll be all set. I was really shocked that he sells the system at a really reasonable price. The board itself is the same price as what Jerry guys are paying for their buffers.

I just got one made in a pedal as well! I started it over a year ago, had the board made in Germany using all the NOS Ibanez parts, to the specs! It also has the correct pots, I lucked out! I then bought pedal components and sent it all to Gary Brawer in San Fran last summer....I finally got it from him a few weeks ago! He had it finished awhile back and forgot all about it, so it sat on his shelf awhile. It works and sounds phenominal!! I wish I had regular access to a computer, so I could post pictures. I did pay the same for my board, as it costs for a Waldo buffer.
 #126888  by eric

That's a stunning pair. What's your finish process like ?
 #126890  by Dozin

eric wrote:That's a stunning pair. What's your finish process like ?
Finish process? I'm not sure I know what you're asking.
 #126892  by eric

Oh sorry , I just meant what are you using as your wood finish ?
 #126893  by Dozin

Marty Bell finishes did the finish work