#120655  by Sparechaynge

Saw that in the GC flyer the other day. Pretty excited. Now if only I could get a lefty w/an all-ash body...
 #120721  by TheMissingDigit

I have an recent make AS83 that I love. Probably the only guitar I would not get rid of and it was cheap. Looks beautiful and plays even better. I don't see why these would be any different. I will get one of these, maybe not right away but I will get one. My only beef is that they waited so long to bring it back.
 #120724  by paulinnc

TheMissingDigit wrote:I have an recent make AS83 that I love. Probably the only guitar I would not get rid of and it was cheap. Looks beautiful and plays even better. I don't see why these would be any different. I will get one of these, maybe not right away but I will get one. My only beef is that they waited so long to bring it back.
I wonder why the even stopped making the artist and musician models, those always seemed to be the nicest to me.
 #120940  by Maybeck09

I saw these new Artist as well and was floored. They seemed to have done much right with it. I really like the older Ibanez headstock. (looks like Scofield's) Beautiful tops, good pickups and they coil split them with 3 way switches! I read some early reviews and comments went to how good the Chinese craftsmanship was, to how much lighter they are from originals. Also are supposed to play really well. I look forward to my next visit to GC or something to play one.
 #121568  by Stella Bloo

I received an Artist 420 about 4 weeks ago and although work has once again gotten in the way, I feel I have enough time on it to give it a review. It is lighter than I expected or than it looks.

The finish is very nice, the flamed violin finish looks great and the wood shows through beautifully. The abolone binding is also nice as is the gold hardware. The neck is smooth but feels very light in comparison to my Gibson ES-339. It plays very easily and chording is a breeze. The best part is the pickups and the ability to split and run in series. Very easy to get Bobby sounds in the series position. Overall, I think it is a good value for $600. I also own a Gibson ES-335, American Strat and for Jerry sound a Phiga Tiger. I find myself playing the Ibanez alot more than my Strat for sure, even more than my ES-339 as it seems a bit more versatile. Maybe its just a new toy and it will wear off and I will go back to the ES-339 but right now, very much enjoying it. I suggest anyone interested in the Artist style, at lkeast go check it out, you might be suprised how much you like it.
 #121630  by hotasaPistol

Sounds like a killer guitar for the price.......I am /have been thinking about a semi hollow body because of the weight issue.....curious if you know how much it weighs.......I think this may be the direction I am going to go because it is in my budget

thanks

George :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #122729  by Jon S.

It's not jumping out at me from the Ibanez website specs how the AR420 and AR325 differ. As my coffee hopefully kicks in, can anyone school me on this? Thanks.
 #122731  by Stella Bloo

I think technically they are the same, the 420 just has an upgraded finish, hardware and abalone inlays and binding. The are the same guitars from a body and pickup standpoint. I have the 420 and love it.
 #122747  by hotasaPistol

Just got the AR 325 for my birthday....got a good deal at guitar center .....they had a great sale....got 120 off list.........I really like the way the neck feels....the weight is nice....It is a serious nice guitar for the price......plays like a dream.......fits me like it was made just for me.........