#121653  by Phil Lesh101

The reader is 499.99$ now at guitar center but there is 75% off on any item 499.99$ and up, making the product 125$ So if you were thinking about buying this thing I'd say now is a good time!
Last edited by Phil Lesh101 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #121676  by NYFan

Using the DEC200 coupon code at Guitar Center (they have it listed on their site) the MusicPad Pro Plus is $399.99 ($100 discount)
 #121677  by mkaufman

Phil Lesh101 wrote:The reader is 499.99$ now at guitar center but there is 75% off on any item 499.99$ and up, making the product 125$ So if you were thinking about buying this thing I'd say now is a good time!
Do you have a link to the 75% off deal?

mk
 #121708  by Coldshotblues

The i pad works great and there is an app called "gig book" where you can store all PDF files of lyric sheets or sheet music you name it. You can even edit PDFs with a drawing type program, to highlight spots words/notes etc. you can organize set lists and save them just tap or swipe to change songs. I don't know what I'd do with out it. I took all my old handwritten lyric sheets and scanned them to a PDF and loaded them in. dead stein has nice PDF versions of dead/Beatles pink Floyd etc. that work great for filling up your library. you can even email set lists and sheet music to other members of the band. About the only thing you can't do is blue tooth link to other iPads, that would be nice because with all the music loaded and at my fingertips, I tend to drift into unfamiliar territory at rehearsals. It would be great to give the other guys a clue to where I'm going!
 #121736  by Forgotten Space

I also use an IPAD with an ik media iclip. I set it up on a separate straight mic stand from the boom stand my vocal mic is on. This allows me the flexibility to set it at the proper height and position easily. Trying to attach it to the same stand as my mic is awkward and limiting. It is an amazing tool though.
 #121768  by Phil Lesh101

I feel the same way, it must be hard to read off of it when it is attached to the same stand.
 #121775  by myoung6923

Phil Lesh101 wrote:I feel the same way, it must be hard to read off of it when it is attached to the same stand.
I use it on the same stand and have no problem reading it. I guess it's just on how you format the fonts on your files. I need reading glasses and I can read the iPad on my mic stand with no problem without glasses.
 #121904  by Emoto

I have noticed these "ultrabook" laptops being sold now. It looks like they are laptops whose screen flips around or something so you can use them like a tablet. This means a big screen. I think having that kind of hard drive space and memory would be an excellent thing for this application. Does anyone know about these? No cash to spare right now, but still..
 #121905  by Dozin

My wife has a thinkpad like that. The problem would be flippen pages. What I like about the musicpad is I set up a setlist and use a foot controller to flip pages. I can also tap the screen on the right side to flip forward, left side to go back. I'm not sure how that works with the iPad.

It is a pain the ass though to load new sheet music into mine. I have to keep a computer with widows xp on it. Musicpad doesn't support any new versions of windows, at least not for my generation musicpad. I haven't found a simple work around for this.
 #121907  by Emoto

These ultrabooks are supposed to have touch screens. Doesn't that resolve the page turning issue?
 #121908  by strumminsix

Dozin wrote:My wife has a thinkpad like that. The problem would be flippen pages. What I like about the musicpad is I set up a setlist and use a foot controller to flip pages. I can also tap the screen on the right side to flip forward, left side to go back. I'm not sure how that works with the iPad.
Here's how I do it on my ipad:
Keep a spreadsheet with 1 row per song - notes only, not full lyrics, etc
Then enter the setlist order and sort and voila!
Would swipe upward through the set but as I could always see 6-10 or so songs at a go, the flipping isn't a problem

I found that on stage sometimes I would hold a cell too long and it'd start to edit it, so now I save it in pdf and it's even nicer!
 #123209  by midnightrainband

I had never heard of dead stein so I went to check it out. I can't seem to find a link that shows the PDF files mentioned a few posts back. Any help in getting me in the right direction would be great. I want to try gig book out with some of the PDF's. Thanks in advance!