#112907  by playingdead

You can watch half the dang show (and listen to the board) here ... not much Travis Bean footage out there. Too bad it's a few generations back so it's soft, and b/w, but still.

PS ... go to keepvid.com and you can download it
 #113122  by Jon S.

I must make an embarrassing confession. Upon researching it further, I'm pretty near certain now that I attended the '74 Roosevelt Stadium show, not this one. :oops: But '74 was a great show, too! :D
 #113124  by hippieguy1954

Yea it was, Jon S. I was at both '74 and '76. They were both awesome. When I walked in at the '74 show a guy offered me a drink from a gallon water bottle. The water looked cloudy, so I looked at the bottom and there had to be a couple of hundred tabs desolving. So, I took a few big gulps! You know the rest!
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #113135  by Jon S.

hippieguy1954 wrote:You know the rest!
:smile: :smile: :smile:
It's just a box of rain, 'Bro! :smile:
 #113204  by mgbills

Hey Now!

When stuff comes off Internet Archive from one of those magic blue lists, does anybody know how to:
1) Not have to re-lable it.
2) Get it into itunes.
3) Have the tunes be in order.

I must be the dumbest Internet Archive abuser in the world. I always get the same problem. My computers immediately sort the songs alphabetically...the the show is F*&^ked up.

Help Grately Appreciated. :?
Peace
M
 #113205  by Emoto

mgbills wrote:Hey Now!

When stuff comes off Internet Archive from one of those magic blue lists, does anybody know how to:
1) Not have to re-lable it.
2) Get it into itunes.
3) Have the tunes be in order.

I must be the dumbest Internet Archive abuser in the world. I always get the same problem. My computers immediately sort the songs alphabetically...the the show is F*&^ked up.

Help Grately Appreciated. :?
Peace
M
1. Relabeling depends on the meta-tags present in the song files, so that is hit or miss.
2. Put the song files into a folder and then in iTunes FILE > Add folder to library
3. this may come from the file names. Rename each file by adding a digit to the front of an existing file name, e.g., brown_eye_women.mp3 becomes 1_brown_eye_women.mp3, and so forth with the number being the sort order. The other way to do this is in iTunes by right clicking a song and editing the "track #" field to put that song into the order you want.
 #113213  by mgbills

Thanks Emoto! Great options that make sense.

I love these Matrix files. They add so much to the SB's. I don't need to posess them all, but favorites & greats need to be on the iPod.

Hopefully...the next iPod will just manage flac files.

Much appreciated.
Peace
M
 #130908  by djbarry

I was also in attendance at both '74 and '76. 1974 featured the wall of sound, a bearded Phil and a clean-shaven Jerry (probably for the last time). Both shows were great, but '74 was transcendent, both in set list and performance. I brought two Dead virgins to the '76 show, and after years of selling them on the Dead, it was gratifying that it was such a good tight show. I had seen them earlier in the summer in one of the theater shows, and although I had seventh row seats, the performance was underwhelming. And the one who remarked that the dead wasn't a tough ticket prior to in the dark, I remember an arena show in spring of '77 that I was fortunate to be able to score seats.
 #130911  by Mr.Burns

You should use the two digit : 01, 02, 03, etc. format to rename in the event of a folder with 10 or more tracks. This will prevent confusion.
 #130946  by hippieguy1954

Thanks again for all the info. Much appreciated! These shows at Roosevelt Stadium (which I was at all but one) were some of the best North East shows (from that period) of all time. For me, these shows and Watkins Glen were my initiation into the adventure that changed my way of thinking about music as well as my whole life!
It's great to have them to listen to at any time!
Thanks again and have a great night! :smile:
 #130951  by mgbills

I was just re-reading this post after months....

I couldn't help but smile...I think my first shows in '81 were $6.00. MSG - $6.00

The world is an amazing place. Jerry & Hunter were right..."Once in a while you get shown the light..."
 #130955  by hippieguy1954

mgbills wrote:I was just re-reading this post after months....

I couldn't help but smile...I think my first shows in '81 were $6.00. MSG - $6.00

The world is an amazing place. Jerry & Hunter were right..."Once in a while you get shown the light..."
Yea, those guys always told the truth. I'm happy you smiled. I do every time I read it too. It's always amazing getting that once in a while....thing. I still do. Peace
 #130961  by gmchart

This was my 2nd show (Colt Park in Hartford 2 days before, the 1st) but not the first time at Roosevelt Stadium. Garcia's slide on Row Jimmy melted something in my knees that has never been the same since. Saw a lot of good shows there, but the best (and maybe the best night of my life (however pathetic that may sound) was Aug 8th 1974 Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young------The night Nixon resigned! Roosevelt was a pit, but for a Jersey guy---It was our pit.