#112035  by PaulJay

It is beautiful. One of my favorite Bobby guitars after the Cowboy. Good luck with it Dozin. :hail:
 #112038  by HeadSpace

Yeah, wow, that's a nice one. Congrats to all concerned. I will admit that I noticed you (MK) had snagged it from that guy on the other forum and figured that was the one at issue, but did not want to blow its cover since there seemed to be a reluctance to display it prior to the sale for whatever reason.

Anyhow, killer-looking guitar, for which, as a new Modulus owner myself (I bought the hardtail that was on ebay not long ago), I now have a great appreciation. Love these necks--the shape, the flat radius, the beefy frets, the generally solid as a rock feeling. If anyone out there is on the fence about grabbing one, go for it. They really are unique and worthwhile.
 #112044  by mkaufman

Yes, my bass player alerted me to this guitar that was on the Alembic site. It's a really nice guitar and I only sold it because I'm very happy with my Ibanez-era Bobby sound and have little inclination or time to consider anything else right now. The Blackknife is light and extremely comfortable to play. The neck is a real treat. The pickups are completely different from what I'm used to and that's when I realized that I didn't need another time-consuming project. I suspect with the right gear, it will work nicely for Bob's Modulus era.

mk
 #112045  by Dozin

It's just another guitar to me 8)
 #112047  by Dozin

On a serious note,.. This is probably my 8th or 9th Blackknife. Every single one that I've owned has sounded different than the other. You've got to love the necks on these guitars. They're so smooth and slick. I'm excited about this one. It's definitely a keeper.
 #112053  by broesau

Is it a neck thru? Is Rich Hoeg still building you a blackknife copy?
 #112055  by Dozin

oddly enough, no, it's not neck-thru.

Yes, Rich is still building me the other one

#112057  by HeadSpace

Here's mine, also a bolt-on:

Notice the H-H-S Jerry-style pickup arrangement. I haven't pulled the pickups, but they look to be Dimarzios. Kind of a hybrid Jerry/Bob guitar.
 #112058  by Dozin

I saw that one on eBay last week. I was wondering what happened to that one! nice snag
 #112082  by vwjodyme

Headspace, Is that the one with the cocobolo top that was on ebay?
That one was awesome...like you said part Jerry, part Bob
 #112091  by HeadSpace

Yes, that's the one from ebay about 10 days ago.

It's loads of fun. A little Bob, a little Jerry--not perfect on either count, but a great sounding, great playing, very versatile axe nonetheless. One of the cool things about these Modulus guitars is that each seems to be a little different. Dozin said he'd had what, like 8 or 9? Probably no two identical.
 #112120  by Dozin

WOW!!! just got the guitar and WOW. Pictures don't do it justice. This Knife is SUPER nice. I like it better than my Signature one. Absolutely Beautiful. The original owner obviously didn't play this thing. I don't even see any signs of fret wear. Awesome :peas: Thanks again MK!!!