#90256  by jackr

Nope but I am in love with my mesa boogie transatlantic.
 #90260  by gr8fullfred

If its boogie its probably very very good. Never met one that I did not like. Played last night through a studio 22 (first time playing through this amp), and it sounded great. Took a little fooling with the knobs. I just love Mesa. They are awesome on the support side, part available. Very reliable. I am hooked. Thanks Randell! Keep um coming.

Within the last year I picked up their 40th (I think) anniversary catalog. If you can find one of those (free at the music store) well worth picking up and drooling thru. Can you guys tell I like Mesa Boogie? Is it obvious?
 #90296  by tcsned

+1
I'm a die hard Boogie fan - I've got a late 80s Mark III head, a Mark IV combo, and a V-Twin preamp (though I like the SMS better ;-) - all are as good as they get.

The guy that ran the local had an old Mark I wicker & wood - I used it on a couple of studio recordings and it was badass. Can't go wrong with Boogie IMHO
 #101008  by Deadhead85

I play through a MK I Reissue, and it's got everything I've always wanted in an amp! The tone is immaculate, and gives me a phenominal Bobby tone! I have the stock Black Shadow in it, pretty much a Celestion. I also have a 2x12 cab that gets used for larger gigs...that houses a Tone Tubby Alnico, and a Cannabis Rex. My initial thought was to put the Tone Tubby in the Boogie, but I just loved the tone as it was. I figured, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. 8)
 #101030  by Deadhead85

Well I run my guitars into my pedalboards, and then straight into the amp. The settings I use on the MKI are...

Bass: 0 - 1 (depending on if I'm running Single Coils or HB's)
Treble: 2
Mid: 7
Reverb: 7 - 8 (or higher depending on personal preference. Reverb is the only slightly weak aspect to the amp)
Presence: 7 - 8 (or higher, again depending on preference)

Add some flatwounds on the guitar, and I'm in a tonal bliss! I could not be happier with the Bob tone I'm getting!
 #101113  by Deadhead85

I plug into channel 2...volume 2 set at 5.5, master is set a hair before 5. I use it for all my guitars, with great results...Strats, Teles, Hollowbody. My "A" guitar now is a Strat, with a standard electronic setup on it. It's got Custom Shop 69's (Abby's) in it.
 #112017  by Deadhead85

Hey MK, was wondering if you could hopefully explain the effects loop on the MKI to me? I tried using it when I first picked the amp up, read into it a bit, and after a couple of attempts....it didn't work. Is there something I'm missing? Im sure its something pretty simple. My effects are currently giving too much excess noise, and I would love to put my OD and Delays on the loop. Any info or tips would be greatly appreciated!
 #112024  by mkaufman

Seems straightforward to me. It has a send & receive jack. Use the send going to your effects and the receive coming back from your effects. There's a knob next to the send & receive jacks for adjusting the send level, so you can cut or boost the signal before going into the loop.

The Boogie manuals are available from Mesa online.

I think the effects loop sits between the preamp & power amp sections.

mk
 #112288  by Deadhead85

mkaufman wrote:Seems straightforward to me. It has a send & receive jack. Use the send going to your effects and the receive coming back from your effects. There's a knob next to the send & receive jacks for adjusting the send level, so you can cut or boost the signal before going into the loop.

The Boogie manuals are available from Mesa online.

I think the effects loop sits between the preamp & power amp sections.

mk
Well I can't say I was hooking it up wrong. I just tried again today, and nothing, all I got was this "static hiss" of sorts. The send level knob has been broken off ever since I bought the amp. It's a clean break, so maybe the pot for the send level is damaged within? I try to turn it with my finger, but its hard to tell if its moving or not. I'm also using regular 1/4 inch cables.
 #112291  by Deadhead85

I just read into it some more on the Boogie Board, and there were some people with the same issue. They changed out one of the preamp tubes, and it was working great! More than likely, thats got to be the problem.