#107106  by hotasaPistol

I know this has been covered before.......I have been searching but no luck.........What is the lyric reader/teleprompter device that Bob and Phil are using........and does any one here use one or tried one.......thanks for any help...

George :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #107375  by Emoto

Those things are like $900. Some folks are using other tablet computers, like iPads. For my old eyes, I think an iPad's screen is too small. What do people recommend that has a larger screen?
 #107378  by Dozin

They're not that expensive,.. they're expensive but not $900. I believe GC has them for less than $500.
 #107384  by RiverRat

Emoto wrote:What do people recommend that has a larger screen?
The iPad has a 9.7" screen and the largest Android tablets have 10.1" screens, so anything bigger will be a laptop. Fujistu Lifebooks and Lenovo Thinkpad X series are 2 that come to mind.
 #107385  by myoung6923

my eyes suck and the iPad works great. It mounts right on to the mic stand. One nice thing, is that you can set up a whole setlist and just swipe to the next song. They even have bluetooth footswitches to turn pages if you don't want to swipe.

And the nice thing about using the iPad for is - is all of the other uses for it. You aren't going to sink $900 into something that only does one thing.
 #107413  by Stone

hotasaPistol wrote:I know this has been covered before.......I have been searching but no luck.........What is the lyric reader/teleprompter device that Bob and Phil are using........and does any one here use one or tried one.......thanks for any help...

I dont know but it must suck cause Bobby still messes up the words ! :D
 #107459  by Phil Lesh101

hahahhaha I saw a show at CMAC in New York over the summer and they played Promised land... Bob sang the begging 3 times before he could get the words! :lol:
 #107466  by hotasaPistol

Thanks for all the good info....I went to the Music Pad website and read some of the reviews.......not very flattering unless you are just using it for sheet music....it seems that if you want a lyrics sheet it has to be converted and is a pain in the ass....Not what it was designed for.......any way I am going to look into the I PAd and wonder where you can get that footswitch for scrolling.....and the music pad was closer to 900 than 500....sounds like a one trick pony and the IPAD would me much more versatile

thanks