#105462  by The Stag

thats sick!!!! i wish he did that when we saw him....but his private bass solo he played for us was pretty key also mmmmmmmmmmmmkayyyy
 #105482  by strumminsix

TFTGR on GD radio on XM had David Gans talking about how Phil switched sides of the stage so he could be much louder without comprimising stage volume.
 #105484  by Phil Lesh101

Hhaha^, and no he has used the 6 for a while! and he just stacked his speakers up, nothing fancy! :lol:
But I failed to notice The crew put a Stuffed "King Kong" monkey holding a barbie on the side climbing the tower! :lol:

Phil's Bass Man

#105487  by Rusty the Scoob

:lol: That king kong is awesome!

IIRC those are the same 4 cabs he's been using, just stacked vertically. Must be a tight stage. I'm sure glad I'm not the guy who had to put that 4th cab up on top! :shock: 98 lbs each per Eden's website.
 #105499  by tigerstrat

reminiscent of his 1979 vertical array:

#105546  by RiverRat

Phil Lesh101 wrote:He also moved to the right side of the stage scoob
That's stage left by the way, left and right are from the perspective of the stage looking out towards the audience. Phil had been stage left for P&F as well using his Meyer custom array for years prior to switching to the Edens.
 #105566  by jahozer

I love Phil. That old fuck can rock it with the best of em! Everytime I see him, I am just so happy and impressed. Bobby too. I love that Phil is 71 and is still like, "well of course I need this many cabinets...what the fuck? stack em the fuck up if you need to!"
 #105576  by ugly rumor

Actually bass speakers project better if stacked. It would be even better if they were staggered, like Bag Ends, or were in a single line straight up. When placed side by side they can cancel frequencies. Two Meyer's stacked would be awesome.
 #105646  by Phil Lesh101

If im not mistaken this seems to be the look phil is going for because he is going with the stack everynight now! With the monkey and the barbie always somewere to be seen! :lol:

11/22/11