#97989  by nsandi9

Hey everyone, our band The Eleven, San Francisco CA is in need of a great high-watt power amp for our bass player.
Anyone have something for sale?
 #98857  by zambiland

nsandi9 wrote:Hey everyone, our band The Eleven, San Francisco CA is in need of a great high-watt power amp for our bass player.
Anyone have something for sale?

I don't right now, but I highly recommend looking for a used Crest CA9. I got sick of the weight, but as far as bass tone goes, it's in a class by itself and can often be found in the $500 range, which is a steal for what it does.
 #102551  by ugly rumor

I highly recommend Thunderfunk amps for bass. Incredible tone, pre-amp is great, and quality is unmatched. Check out their website. They also trade in and sell used units.
 #102594  by zambiland

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Trigger = pulled. :cool: When I got Sean's GT preamp I knew I couldn't resist putting it to use for long. :lol: My tiny Genz-Benz sounds great but just doesn't have enough power.
What did you get? Was that east coast earthquake you?
 #102596  by Rusty the Scoob

I hate gear shopping so I just went with your recommendation of a Crest CA9. Sean's old GT Electronics preamp (really an SWR design/build) will feed it for now until I get the funds for an SMS. :cool: The earthquake wasn't me, yet, it's still on the UPS truck.
 #103210  by Rusty the Scoob

Got it, tried it last night. Takes some dialing in and there's some question about whether it's properly in bridge mode or not, but Talkbass is pretty helpful and I think I'm figuring it out. Sounds amazing - not so much loud as it is clear, punchy and present. And Heavy! :lol:

#103218  by Rusty the Scoob

Here's the recording of the new rig's debut gig. You can tell the difference between the 3 basses that I played that night pretty clearly, I think.

http://www.archive.org/details/Fen2011- ... rcester.MA
 #103227  by Rusty the Scoob

It's a little mini line mixer, just to blend my various basses with different outputs into one signal before the preamp.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... line-mixer

Later, when I get my SMS (someday), it'll blend my various preamps into the power amp instead. :cool: