#44084  by ThePilgrim

Steppin Out's Greatest Story has to be one of the best ones I have ever heard.Can anyone suggest a Greatest Story that may be better or at least contains the same amount of energy of which Steppin Out possesses?

#44086  by strumminsix

what show was that from???

GSET evolved.

#44087  by ThePilgrim

Steppin Out '72, 1st set

#44088  by bodiddley

Most '72, '73 GSET's really smoke. My main problem with them is Donna's Goddamned Banshee wailing during the instrumental. Almost ruins it for me everytime. Jerry was playing this like a man posessed during this era.

#44089  by Tennessee Jedi

I'm partial to the Ace version.
Smokin '
Some decent ones ....
Heres one from Strums hometown - 2/28/81
And from Alaska - 6/20/80
Great song with awesome classic Bob riffs.
:smile:

#44094  by strumminsix

bodiddley wrote:Most '72, '73 GSET's really smoke. My main problem with them is Donna's Goddamned Banshee wailing during the instrumental. Almost ruins it for me everytime. Jerry was playing this like a man posessed during this era.
Actually I love Donna in a good 73 GSET.

She makes the jam climax! IMO.

But hate her in Playin'...

#44095  by ThePilgrim

I'm not a big fan of the 80's GSET's, mostly because I love the wail of a wah pedal rather than the Mutron. Don't get me wrong, though I love the Mutron and the early eighties.

As for Donna, I believe when it comes to a Scarlet jam (Preferably '74) she can really be disappointing.

#44102  by Tennessee Jedi

Donna makes me climax. :shock:
Love the Scarlet from the Dead Movie - shes looking at Jerry hes looking at her ,both playing away ...
I do tend to go for the Dead in the late 70s - 80's and love the Mu tron solo....
Still the early 70 s have a certain energy that is cool ....

#44106  by caspersvapors

8/27/72 has a good one

#44128  by Hunkle

8-27-72 is a GREAT one!

#44131  by ThePilgrim

WOW that show sounds awesome!

#44135  by strumminsix

Hunkle wrote:8-27-72 is a GREAT one!
And a GREAT Dark Star!!!

#44140  by BlobWeird

Im all for the Field Trip one. And I also have an un-dated one around 71-72 area. Best one ive ever heard yet I have no idea what the date is :(. But I listened to the one from Steppin' Out and must admit I was not that impressed. Jerry's leads toward the end get good but overall not the greatest IMO

#44150  by bodiddley

There's one on DP28, it's a dual show release from 2-26 and 2-28-73. Really rips if ya can handle the Donna factor.

#44154  by tigerstrat

I've always kinda liked the 4/29/71 GSET- that stark, staccato intro line from Phil is really neat, no long jam though.