#6260  by Billbbill

Cool beans Ssix,

The vid has a pretty good look at the first portion (until the F-G-C wrap up) although it's still tough to get a grip on the very beginning. I'm going as much with what I hear as what I see.

On the second part bob seems to play a straight up lick over the Dm building to the resolution. I'm a little foggy on that Dm--F-G... chord wise, but I think these work pretty well. As you said 3/4 of the battle is that you're on the same page as who you're playing with.

I believe I've been smushin you and spilly together while reading the tabs here, (spillysix?) focusing too much on the tabs and not paying enough attention to whose posting what I suppose. Oh well.

#6262  by strumminsix

Billbbill wrote:Cool beans Ssix,
On the second part bob seems to play a straight up lick over the Dm building to the resolution. I'm a little foggy on that Dm--F-G... chord wise, but I think these work pretty well. As you said 3/4 of the battle is that you're on the same page as who you're playing with.
Very well may be. See, I'm learning this tune for my band as it's never been a tune I've never had much interest in learning until now.

So I'm just listening to the versions I have (maybe 5 or so) and trying to hear Bobby in the mix. Since he's either very low or cut out of the mix so often it's kinda hard so I rely on Phil or my bassists. So that Dm F G to build up the end is really bassed on tracking with the bassist through the progression...

#8531  by HOWEYMAN

can someone please tel me what "pu" and "po" mean in the tab. I know "h" and "p" for hammer on and pull off.

#8533  by Billbbill

po=pull off
pu=pull up
 #75498  by SpaceHippie721

I have 2 recording of this song and both are different during the bridge, Paris France 72' is awesome and Dead Set i think is at Warsaw and RCMH NYC? I like the intro better on the Dead Set version, it's more rock-a-billy but i like the bridge better on the Paris show. Either way that interlude is confusing.
 #100331  by Pete B.

'Been playing along with Greatest Story Ever Told from View from the Vault, and I think the most important part of the "Interlude" is that the first 16 beats of the the chord changes are split into 7 and 9.
I count only 7 beats on the F.
8-9 are the punches at the end of the second change.
Then 4's.
no???...
Listen and count along [note: & = "and"].
1,2,3,4,5,6,&
1,2,3,4,5,6,&,1,2
(repeat 2x)

Have you seen this one?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWg2_TLwZkc