#1081  by gr8fulbluz

I like to play this song with the same chord sounds but in a different position. I put a capo on the fifth fret and generally use open chords in the shape of a G(for the C chord sound) the a C shape (for the F) and a D (for the G sound)
Make any sense :?:

I do the intro with just a little varation from the tab here..

{{capo at 5 makes the fith an open}}
E-----------|-----------|-------------|---------------------
B-----------|-----------|-------------|---------------------
G-----------|------5----|-------------|---------5----------
D-------5---|----7------|-----9--12--|-----7--------------
A----7------|--8-------|--10---------|--8------------------
E---8-------|-----------|-------------|---------------------

so the gereral chord progression
C F G F
C F G F
becomes at the fith fret....
G C D C
G C D C

i also sometimes play Tangled up in blue(amongst others) in this position, but ithink it is supoosed to be at the 9th fret, but that is another song and another disscussion.....

happy trails
 #83012  by jeffm725

Bobby Actually plays these voicings much of the time on Good Lovin (albeit using barre instead of Capo) watch Dead Ahead video and you will see him voice the C and F at the 5th Fret and switch between voicing the G at the 5th fret too (using barre D shape) or also sliding it up to the the 7th (using barre c shape) he uses the 7th fret c shape for the G mostly though.
 #83020  by gr8fulbluz

A blast from the past post. wHOOt. Ya know i haven't really watched Dead ahead in years. I have had it on but more just listening with an occasional looky. I do that alot with the GD DVDs when I am doing house work or some other project.
. . I will have to watch BW do his CAGED methods. I am always looking for different voicings of the same old thing. I like the perspective of CAGED chording on my electric but i like the capo on my acoustic.

:oops: I prolly just need another cuppa cofffee. :cheers:
 #83026  by tcsned

capos are a great tool for getting you to think outside the box for chord voices. Being able to play all the tunes you know capoed in different places is a good thing.