#91783  by Grateful Dad

mkaufman wrote:Eric -

The transitional chords I play are:

A/C
C#m/E/A

I slide up into the C#m.

mk
Hey Eric: I think mk is closer to the sound than part one of the video is.

Here's my take on the ending:

first the chords: A - C

then the thirds are played on the first and third string: C/Eb slides to C#/E - B/D - A/C#.

:smile:
 #91791  by eric

Hey thanks for pickin up on that guys , i appreciate it !! should be a c# in there
it was late when I was messing with that post ... Grate dad I think ur right ,

A-C
C#-B-A
and the riff is based off the open E hammer pull off g and then the c#-b-a walkdown in which you could also through that E in there after the A which I might start doing now .. Now u can use partial chords, thirds and fifths, scale tones, harmonic notes, whatever, anyway you want . I'm a firm believer there is not a "right way to play something" to an extent .. There are always many options to being creative

I ve played it against a few recordings and it sounds pretty spot on ,and my band rocks that ending pretty good like that. I'll change the video and repost later when I get out of work. the last thing we need is more crap video out there
 #91819  by mttourpro

FWIW, after some back and forth in how to play that little part,I believe that the bass plays a G over the C chord. So, I'll play A to C/G then A/C#, B, A

It's not a big difference but it does make a difference you can hear.
 #91832  by Tennessee Jedi

eric wrote:Thats great, thanks again guys...Wow Petes videos are nasty ! And after seeing that , there is def no need for me to repost a video. Its all there and more
There is no need to remove your vid Bro !
The riff was solid !
All vids are welcome !
:smile:
 #91840  by tigerstrat

closing chords? A and D on almost every version in my listening rotation.

Are we actually discussing the Slipknot! reprise/outro chords that were played at the end of some of the very early H-S-F's? Jerry plays a low G note over the Cmaj7 backing chord...
 #91846  by Pete B.

Oh yeah Man, please re-post your vid. We're all just takin' shots at it and learning from each others takes on things.
My general intent with those vids was to help folks get from "can't play it" to "can play it". If your goal is to play it exactly like Jerry and/or the GD, that's another level, and may take more than one guy.

Here's one: Drag the bouncing ball directly to ~7:30 of this random YT vid to hear an example of the G note + Cmaj7 chord:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xivQkRx0 ... 5&index=18

I thought I was going to learn how to play that part when I saw the BK3 play it, but Scott M. ended it with the same exact fingering I use in that vid. I got to shake hands with Billy K. that night, but didn't get to ask Scott where he got that ending from.
Not surprising we play it the same I guess, as we both play it with a Trio.
This leans more towards a G root with a partial D, the surronding open notes lend some dissonance:
E|-----
B|--3--
G|--2--
D|-----
A|-----
E|--3--
 #97861  by Gr8fulGreg

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5G04OvDLhfY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

I know i shouldnt post a video if its not as good as some of the others on here but eh what the hell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G04OvDLhfY