#43284  by weirimpressed

i try to come in on the seventh count
one two three four five six seven BOOM

#43289  by Billbbill

myoung6923 wrote:I really think that the 3/4 then 4/4 should be kept in mind especially when getting to the bridge part

That goes 3 beats on F - 4 beats on A - and so forth...
The Anthology sheet music shows it this way as well, broken down to 3/4 then 4/4 throughout.

Question. I referred to this as 7/8 which would seem to me to be just putting the 3/4 and 4/4 together.

Pete B. says it's 7/4. Is this a different way to say the same thing or what? I be guessin yes.

Just curious.

#43294  by AugustWest

Billbbill wrote:
myoung6923 wrote:I really think that the 3/4 then 4/4 should be kept in mind especially when getting to the bridge part

The Anthology sheet music shows it this way as well, broken down to 3/4 then 4/4 throughout.

Question. I referred to this as 7/8 which would seem to me to be just putting the 3/4 and 4/4 together.

Pete B. says it's 7/4. Is this a different way to say the same thing or what? I be guessin yes.

Just curious.

When you "put together" 3/4 and 4/4 on sheet music it would be in 7/4 and not 7/8 because the quarter note is still counted as 1 beat. 7/8 would take the eighth note as the beat and slow the song down considerably.

#43297  by Billbbill

AugustWest wrote:
Billbbill wrote:

Just curious.

When you "put together" 3/4 and 4/4 on sheet music it would be in 7/4 and not 7/8 because the quarter note is still counted as 1 beat. 7/8 would take the eighth note as the beat and slow the song down considerably.
Got it - I think.

Thanks.

#43311  by Pete B.

weirimpressed wrote:i try to come in on the seventh count
one two three four five six seven BOOM
I just rename the "seven" to "and" and come in on the 1 (your BOOM).
Otherwise, yeah, that's it.

#43314  by strumminsix

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Try
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
1 - 2 - 3
then
1 - 2 - 3
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
Bingo. With the 3,4 being the "California!" "You were alseep" parts.

#43352  by weirimpressed

the 5/8/77 version has bobby counting to seven then the band comes in

#43355  by Tennessee Jedi

He does count IN that way.
But for the verses and solo the seven is a 2 beat word.
As long as ya hit F#m on the one.
Whatever it takes to get it done is the main thing...
Bet Pete rips the shit out of it....
:cool:

#43365  by weirimpressed

exactly, just make sure you hit the G and the F#m's at the right times, that can ruin the song (as my buddy is figuring out right now). I love this song though, has a great buildup

#43403  by Tennessee Jedi

How do you like the bridge part DeadGuise ?
I've seen that tab before and couldn't get it to sound right....
I have a real generic thing I do that isnt that great.
That part is killing me.
Any suggestions ?

#43416  by pappypgh

Not to pat my own back, but I've got this song down pat.

The first drum beat is on the 7 (usually you can only hear Bob finish counting at 6, 'cause the drums drown him out) and the song starts on 1.

It's in 7/4.

Count 4 first, then 3 during the main "riff" of the song, during verses, chorus & bridge, you count the 3 first, then 4.

It's that easy.

TJedi - if you need help w/ the bridge, lemme know. I don't do tabs, but I can helpsya. :cool:

#43418  by Tennessee Jedi

Dude
You CAN count ?
I thought you lived Pittsburgh ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me funny.
Actually that would be really cool Pappy.
Maybe I could try to tab out what I got and have you bust on me.
It really bugs me I cant make any headway on it.
Sorry to cross-thread but one reason I like the idea of KINDFEAST is I could hopefully learn something by jamming with Pros.
This is an example.

#43422  by pappypgh

Better get it to me fast, Jedi - it's gonna be a lot harder for you to see what you're doing through all of your tears after the Pens slaughter the Cryers. :x :x :x :x :twisted: