#34367  by Grinner

Anyone seen/have an uncut version?

#34378  by golfnutt

The version I have is 12:26 long and goes seemless in to spanish jam that is 9:54 follow by the spectacular version of lovelight. Is this different than what you have?

#34382  by Grinner

I was listening to it on archive.org and it gets cut at about 6:30 or so and skips to the later part of the jam...its a monster version though with about 90 people sitting in

#34411  by bodiddley

Mine is 12:22 long so I assume it's cut as well...listening to it right now.

#34419  by Grinner

...any thoughts? the spanish>lovelight after DS that night is beyond description

#34429  by kevo

Amazing show. My Star is 12:26 and goes right into Spanish Jam. Sounded like a cut towards the middle, but who knows how much was cut out. Maybe only a minute or two and they skipped the last verse to go right into Spanish Jam.

If the Dark Star turned out to be as long as the Love Light I'd kill to hear it.

#34457  by tigerstrat

amazing-looking show too.

#34466  by Grinner

note mick fleetwood stage right, dancing his ass off

#34467  by tigerstrat

Check out Jerry lurking wayyy back in the corner, just taking in the whole tableau of the 3-way band-meld.

#34468  by Tennessee Jedi

Cool shot.
Who else is on the stage? :cool:

#34471  by tigerstrat

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Cool shot.
Who else is on the stage? :cool:
front row L-R: Fleetwood, Peter Green, Pigpen, Bobby, Duane Allman, Gregg Allman

back row L-R: Jerry, Berry Oakley, Billy the K, Butch Trucks, Phil?, Mickey (drumming on amps?)

#34482  by golfnutt

I’ve always said if I could go back in time this would be the show I’d see. Man what a night! My two favorite guitar players (Duane and Jerry) quite possible the two best white blues singers Gregg Allman and Pig. Two amazing bass players and killer rhythm section and the boys from Fleetwood Mac. Awesome, aint no shows like this anymore.

#34493  by Grinner

exactly! so...WHO'S GOT THE UNCUT DARK STAR???

#35573  by Grinner

uhh, ladies and gentlemen we have a winner! it appears, or i believe that everything is now just exactly right, so point your browser to:
http://www.gdfiles.com/lossless/Grateful%20Dead/
spliced and sexy
:smile: :cool: :smile:

p.s. great stuff in that directory

#44794  by d-v-s

WOW!!! :shock: I just got a chance to listen to this show with Duane playing along in Dark Star and lovelight. Amazing!! Does anybody know of any other shows on the archive with the Allmans sitting in with the dead? perhaps another show from this run?

also, i tried the link for the uncut version of this dark star and it didn't work. Does anybody know where i can find it? the bit that's available is so good, I'd love to hear the rest.