#105851  by mttourpro

Only love can (F#m)fill, (Gmaj7)only love can fill (Fm)

I think I'm hearing a straight G (not Gmaj 7) and I assume that's supposed to be an F# min rather than F min.

as for the A+5---very similar to the C#7 passing chord----matter of preference/specific instrument/arrangement?
 #105852  by Billbbill

mttourpro wrote:Only love can (F#m)fill, (Gmaj7)only love can fill (Fm)

I think I'm hearing a straight G (not Gmaj 7) and I assume that's supposed to be an F# min rather than F min.

as for the A+5---very similar to the C#7 passing chord----matter of preference/specific instrument/arrangement?
Tx - nice catch - on the F(#)m

I always thought it was G as well - sure looks like he's fingering a Gmaj7 though - mic stand in the way for the 1st chorus but a pretty good look at the next 2 chorus'. I'm generally an ear guy myself - Difference is pretty subtle either way.
Seemes to me to be a pretty clear Gmaj7 (view wise) at the end of the verse though, just before the D.

Yes! A#5 is very close to your C#7! But again, looks like an Fm between the E & F#m (when he uses a passing chord!). Key note in all three being the F of course. Sounds like they all work nicely to my ear as passing chords from E to F#m. Again the differences barely noticeable as your ear is drawn to the F which is in all three. I think what I see jerry doing just gives it a slightly more uniformly chromatic feel - your C#7 is closer in that regard than my A#5.
Yes, I agree - matter of preference - wouldn't be surprised at all if different members are voicing somewhat differently.
 #106185  by mttourpro

One final thought about this tune---

I have settled on the straight G chord the first time and a G6 for the second one.
 #128770  by TI4-1009

weatherre wrote:Ok, laugh at me. But I just love the version on Reflections. As studio versions go, I think it's one of their best. (Which, of course, is not saying anything because I usually don't like anything in the studio.)

Love the tone on Jerry's guitar during the solo. The notes are expressive and precise and yet it is one of the few studio leads that has a feel of being live. Seems like he even almost flubs a note or two, or barely gets back to the note after the bend to give it a real feel.

I have a bunch of live versions that I like, but I just dig the solo on the studio version.
What effect(s) is(are) he using on the Reflections solo?