#163711  by fatztreeboy
 Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:29 pm
Hello rukind :) i need to make a pedal board that stays solid... how do players make a pro pedal board? myboard will have:, a boss phasor3, n boss ds1, bossd-3, crybaby and nemesis delay.... maybe room for 2 others in the future... i bought a used voodoo 8 plug power brick n i have the proper short power cabals n 1/4 inch also... in the past i have made wood ones that always seem to fail somewhere so i tear them apart and string them back together on the floor.... it's always something.... i am a new memebr here, if i could learn how to do this right i would be eternally grateful(dead). i was hopeing to use home sourced materials., maybe use 1/4inch ply? an ole traffic sign? the oven door?.any n all ideas or other fellow sufferers' posts appreciated.. thanks
 #163716  by tntawney
 Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:36 pm
This is a great do it yourself pedalboard and you can keep the door on your oven. :cool:

https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Po ... put-Jacks/

I would put the pedals in this order. The boss pedals have buffers in them, so you shouldn’t have much signal loss.

Amp/pa
Boss d3 delay
Nemesis delay
Boss phaser4
Boss ds1
Crybaby
Tuner
Guitar

The voodoo lab power bricks I’ve never heard anything bad about, so you should be good there.

That is my .02

Welcome to the forum BTW
 #163730  by fatztreeboy
 Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:27 am
thanks :) this is the project for today ...... i went to the link u gave me ... just what i needed... here is the 1rst few paragraphs if anyone wants to read it.... 'dude has many fotos n diagrams.... i may not convert to nuetrik but the way he tests n glues things is new to me... that'll help

THIS project started as really just a combination of several ideas.[/b] I wanted a pedal board that was light but sturdy (many DIY boards I have seen are either too flimsy or WAY too heavy). Sure I could just spring for a professional pedalboard like a PedalTrain, or a Trailer Trash...but whats the fun in that? In addition, I had my own space requirements and "special" features that I wanted to include for my purposes specifically. I began to run out of room on my old DIY board, and wanted something a bit bigger...and more organized.

Before I go too far into detail, I have to say I am pretty much "ripping" the Trailer Trash style/design as far as my pedal board design...but have combined my own elements/materials. You can look at their site here: http://trailertrashpedalboards.com/, they make great stuff no question...but I wanted something slightly different and personal.

Also the forum over at Harmony Central's site proved to be a huge resource in planning out this project. You can find that forum here: http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Effect ... p/14754041

Now...about this board specifically (though this plan can be be adjusted in MANY ways).

Materials

-x4 locking Neutrik jacks
-2x4 piece of 1/2" birch wood
-Sandpaper/sanding block (or circular sander if you have one)
-A dozen flat 1-1/2 phillips screws
-x2 Cans of spray paint
-Small bottle of Gorilla Glue
-Large pack of industrial strength Velcro
-Rosin core electrical solder
-Hot glue
-Electrical tape
-x3 1 foot 1/4" right angle mono cables (you may only need 2)
-x2 screen door handle
-x1 15 foot outdoor quality extension cable.
-x1 PowerAll, or 1Spot 9v daisy chain (or any other brand you can find).
-x4 floor "grippers"

Tools needed

-Jigsaw or circular saw (or a hand saw)
-Drill (with a bit for boring at least 7/8" holes and a regular drill bit set as well).
-Hammer
-Soldering gun
-Hot glue gun
-Razor blade or utility knife
-Scissors

Yes you will have to solder, but it's very easy I promise...
[/u][/i]
 #163745  by FretfulDave
 Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:37 pm
tntawney wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:36 pm

I would put the pedals in this order. The boss pedals have buffers in them, so you shouldn’t have much signal loss.

Amp/pa
Boss d3 delay
Nemesis delay
Boss phaser4
Boss ds1
Crybaby
Tuner
Guitar

I have not posted for years but this interests me. I did my most recent pedal board with the idea of getting a "poor mans" buffered setup and did a lot of research. The order indicated is good with the tuner being a Boss or one with a good buffer that is on all the time , not just when the pedal is engaged. Keep the guitar cable length to first pedal (tuner) less than 18' 5" as longer than that unbuffered pickups start to lose signal. It made a huge difference in the sound when I did that though the guitar signal is not like JG's in that the volume knob will make a difference in the signal level reaching the first pedal on the board. Otherwise, a nice improvement in tone over just throwing something together willy-nilly.

Good luck.

Peace,

Dave