#169928  by TI4-1009

ac4468 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:08 pm
TI4-1009 wrote:So.... no Phil bombs out of those 2.5-inchers then? :lol:
I may augment it with a sub under the stage.
Cool. Is that a Harbor Freight bench? I have two of them in my shop.
 #169979  by ac4468

wabisabied wrote:Super cool, man.

How many channels will it take? Just 2-channel stereo input, or could you theoretically separate each band member into their own stack/zone?

This one will be just set up as stereo for listening vs as a PA. A multi channel setup would actually be easier to do but at this size it's not really intended for live use. The next and larger version I'd love to have some multi track recordings for playback outside of using it for live performance.
 #170480  by ssmug

One of the coolest things I've seen in a while!
 #170489  by TI4-1009

Way cool! But it would be so much better if you would upgrade to the JBL 2.5 inchers. :lol:
 #170493  by ac4468

TI4-1009 wrote:Way cool! But it would be so much better if you would upgrade to the JBL 2.5 inchers. :lol:
Ha! What’s another $2k. I tell you each change in quality or size seems to have a 3x cost factor!
 #170640  by ac4468

It will be on the front page of the print version of the Wall Street Journal tomorrow!
LazyLightning72 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:58 pm My good friend just sent me a link to the WSJ, and a story about this. It’s such a cool project, well done!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/grateful-d ... 1618161994
LazyLightning72, strumminsix, ssmug and 2 others liked this
 #170646  by rugger

I saw it! So awesome! Congrats man!

john in san diego
ac4468 liked this
 #170651  by paulinnc

I just saw the WSJ article yesterday. Very cool project!!! After watching some of the video clips I figured you might be a poster on here. Keep it up!!!
ac4468 liked this
 #171880  by paulinnc

So what version are you up to now? Have you moved up to the next size? What is this for, listening to music or playing instruments through it or both?
 #171885  by ac4468

So 3 of version 2.0 have been completed. One went to the Headcount $100k donor in Long Island. I am flying out to AZ Thursday to install a second private one and the third is staying with me for special events, charity functions and for private rentals to help fund version 3.0. I was able to run recorded stereo music and multi track recordings through the 1/4 scale and live music as well with each instrument controlling it's own arrays.

the 1/2 scale It starts in few weeks. It will be 2 stories tall and 30' wide. That wall will be more geared towards full live bands playing through it in venues up to a few thousand people. It will also be able to play back full 16+ channel multitrack recordings as well. I am still putting together business plans to raise the $200k needed. I'll start self funding the Jerry stack asap though. Lots of work to do before making it to full scale.

Here's the 1/4 scale at the Cap where they ran us a direct from the board.

Some live stuff from the week prior.
Chocol8 liked this