#36016  by razmablues

Code: Select all
(/) Slide Up  () Slide Down  (h) Hammer On  (p) Pull Off  (b) Bend (r) Release (v) Vibrato

E|--------------------------------------------------
B|--7--7--8--8p7--------------9--9--10--10p9--8--7--
G|--7--7--7--7p7----------11--9--9--9---9-p9--8--7--
D|--7--7--9--9p7------12------9--9--9---9-p9--8--7--
A|----------------12--------------------------------
E|--------------------------------------------------

i got this from an '89 show, but bobby seems to have done it pretty similar throughout the 80's. anyway, it's pretty simple but i enjoy it alot and i'll put it up in case anyone wants to mess around with it. try accompanying it to Ed's video of the jerry intro!

#36068  by old man down

Don't have my guitar here to mess with it, but I can see what he's doing there. Funny that he has that G chord on the 3rd chord from the left. Wouldn't have thought of trying that. I do like that high D chord fall down at the 12th to then bring up the E chord with it's sus 4 extension mess around.

I prefer his stuff from around 1970. Heard it the other day and have heard it before. Fall down notes right from the high D chord, similar to what you posted here.

#36114  by BuddhaG

Sweet, thanks for the tips, man.

I will play around with this when I get some time and see if I can come up with anything else.

Old man down, I agree with you on Bob's playing in 1970. He has really come into his own as a player at this time and is expanding continually.

A great example of Bobbyisms on CR&S is from this recording on the archive: http://www.archive.org/details/gd70-01- ... sbeok.shnf

The levels on Jerry's guitar are way down and Bobby's guitbox is way up on H2H and CR&S. Recommended listen for some clear Bob riffs.

#36147  by CaptainTrips

Have to agree that peak Bobby is seventies bob. Jdarks made the point well in one of his vid's that when brent joined the band he asserted himself more in terms of fills, taking up space once filled by Bob. Then Bob turned to all sorts of cool stuff with whammy bars and distortion but his playing wasnt as expansive.

#36153  by BlobWeird

old man down wrote:Don't have my guitar here to mess with it, but I can see what he's doing there. Funny that he has that G chord on the 3rd chord from the left. Wouldn't have thought of trying that. I do like that high D chord fall down at the 12th to then bring up the E chord with it's sus 4 extension mess around.

That G chord seems to me like it should just be a Dsus4. Anyone else?

#36154  by CaptainTrips

I didnt want to be the first to say it . . . but the G really didnt seem right to me either.