#172480  by lbpesq

Like the thread title says. An enjoyable read about McIntosh and their products. I thought this might be of interest around here.

Bill, tgo

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/insi ... ket-newtab
 #172484  by Jon S.

For 2 of my 4 years at the State University of New York at Binghamton, I lived right down the road from the McIntosh factory in Johnson City. I had no clue at the time of its significance. :o
 #172487  by lbpesq

Ah yes, SUNY Binghamton/Harpur College. My older brother was there ’68 - ‘72 and attended the famous Harpur Spring ‘70 show.

And, being located in upstate NY, the McIntosh company saved the day when they opened the factory on a weekend and (then) Jim Furman helicoptered in and bought a bunch of amps to helicopter to the 600,000 attendance show at Watkins Glen with The Dead, The Band and The Allman Brothers. Here’s the story:

Bill, tgo

#172488  by Gr8fulCadi

My first Jerry rig was an SMS into a McIntosh mc250 and…well…that opened up the McIntosh flood gates. I don’t use the McIntosh amps anymore for when I play guitar but they are all over my house now in different home audio systems along with their preamps. All vintage stuff, not the newer $$$ models.