#153130  by Stella Bloo

Due to life getting in the way, I have not picked up my guitar in a long time (2 months). Well today I decided to mess around and play. I noticed my MC 50 was on, probably this whole time. It played fine and did not notice anything. Could I have done damage by leaving it on for 2 months?

Thanks!
 #153157  by lightningbolt

Stella Bloo wrote:Due to life getting in the way, I have not picked up my guitar in a long time (2 months). Well today I decided to mess around and play. I noticed my MC 50 was on, probably this whole time. It played fine and did not notice anything. Could I have done damage by leaving it on for 2 months?

Thanks!
The only damage should be to your electric bill.
 #153192  by mgbills

Pat Hickman, who used to do Jerry mod's on Mc's and has been servicing McIntosh equipment for many years, told me that when McIntosh would sell these originally they were on all the time. The only consequence was the electric bill. Some believe those big can capacitors are at their best when they stay on.
I tried an experiment to see if I could hear a difference by leaving it on. Didn't seem much different to me, but the test was qualitative not quantitative.